Have you finished a cnc machine? - Page 5

View Poll Results: How many CNC Machines have you finished?

Voters
1147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not planning on building a cnc machine.

24 2.09%
  • Still planning 1st cnc machine.

279 24.32%
  • Building 1st cnc machine, but it's not done.

313 27.29%
  • Finished 1 cnc machine.

339 29.56%
  • Finished 2 cnc machines.

100 8.72%
  • Finished more than 2 cnc machines.

92 8.02%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Have you finished a cnc machine?

Downloads
    Uploads

I have the Z-axis ( a real prototype of wood/metal) done enough to implement into the X-Y axis - which is currently trying to be implemented motor driver wise - the mechanics will be fun (though i dont' have a degree in it) - the electronics have been challenging( though i _do_ have a degree in it !) ... maybe all the pain of getting through the coursework is a mental impediment on completing it ? too many lab time hours makes you not want to 'dig into' more lab time ? some kind of negative memory associated with the study/lab seems to make progress lackluster !!

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Just finished my machine id like to say thank you to every one on the site for sharing all there info with the rest of us.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have built 2 gantrey type routers including all the electronics. Both were made possible with the help of many knowledgable folks on this site. Many thanks.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dgolka
    I have built 2 gantrey type routers including all the electronics. Both were made possible with the help of many knowledgable folks on this site. Many thanks.

hi

this will be my first attempt to make a CNC Plasma Table.

Just reading all the information in here makes me drool.

As i want to start my first CNC plasma table.

Yes dgolka you are right a vast amount of knowledgeable people in here that lend a helping hand.

Im new to electronics and CNC programming know how to use a lathe and mill manually and have a nice workshop at home.

Just priced a 60 and 90amp plasma cutter that can clean cut up to 20mm and 30mm respectively and a tig welder ac/dc 360amp inverter style unit.

I need to make a few turbo parts ( Yes go fast car stuff big horse power ) for cars so lets see how things develop my end

will give this a go and make my first ever CNC project. So guys , if i ask stupid questions in the forum be gentle with me as im going through a learning curve when it comes to electronics and CNC programming.

i regret back in my school days i didn't ask more questions , i suppose i was reluctant as i thought other students would laugh at me for asking a stupid question but now as im older i ask questions more to things i don't understand, so be patient with me in this forum.

cheers

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

can we have an option that says "built 1st machine, dismantled to make 2nd, now have none working and a heap of parts"?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by posix
    can we have an option that says "built 1st machine, dismantled to make 2nd, now have none working and a heap of parts"?
    i think that counts as "Finished 1 cnc machine" :-)

http://jwstolk.xs4all.nl/mill.htm

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm finally getting close!

<whole site> "About Damn Time!" </whole site>

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Check Out My Build-Log: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6452

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think I can say I am finally finished my first machine. There always may be minor changes or upgrades that I may want to do but as it sits now I am quite content to say it is done and look forward to making lots of saw dust.

For my next project I would like to do a full size mill or lathe conversion but right now I just don't have the money to invest in such a venture. I am keeping my eyes out for a Bridgeport series 1 manual mill, but finding one locally in Ontario for a reasonable price is hard to come by.

Carl

Last edited by Beezer; 02-07-2006 at 09:46 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I finally got my 3 axis Bridgeport up and running last night. Let the fun begin!!
    On to finishing the Hardinge lathe CNC conversion...

Of course, it's covered in junk, (no picture yet!) needs a good cleaning, and the first project that it needs to do is modify an electrical box to house it's own electronics.

After that, I have a 12" and 8" rotary tables that are begging to be CNC'd to make my bridgeport 5 axis...

NEATman

Downloads
    Uploads

built and finished 24 x 48 router , ran it a couple of weeks , tore it down , doing a better improved rebuild

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Finished a jgro in February 06 after starting the build in April 2005. Will use the jrgo to build a second improved version. Jgro is great learning device!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Small lathe finished last yr; it runs every day for at least 3 hours
    Midi lathe finished build; just needs computer hooked up; but will be moving to servos; so no hurry on that one
    Drill press converted to 4 axis; then changed extensively; still 4 axis but with 2 spindles now 1 up to 16,000 the other 35,000+ Will change to pixies and Copley drives plus MCG servos in the next 2 weeks; runs most weeks for about 20 hours
    33" x 14.5" x 12" Gantry amost done; just need a few more parts

I also built a small super highspeed lathe which I learned from; then ripped apart to build the drill press mill from the slides etc
    1 other machine planned with P5 servos; this one will take up all the room left in my garage

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stevie, Sounds like you've put together some neat stuff, maybe you'd be good enough to post pictures. What materials will the gantry cut?

Jerry

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Still working on the first. See, i got permission to use the big cnc at work to make parts, but i can only use them when they are not in commercial use (which they happen to be most of the time). My work schedule (permanent evening shift) also reduces the time i have access to the machines for personal use.

About 20% done with the machining, 80% done with the plans and drawings, and have bought about 70 % of the parts needed/wanted. Guess the best part of it is what i learn from designing and building it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Built an Industrial Hobbies with the kit and designed and built a kit for a Taig Micro Mill.
    James

Downloads
    Uploads

Heres my first home built, and I converted a HF mini mill also. Couldnt have done it without this website.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11087

Cant wait to get the third one done, a servo system router, in progress.

Halfnutz

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am currently building the Sosylva CNC router. I am about 30% done.

Cheers
    PiperTom

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default First CNC Machine

Got all the stuff together for a little PCB router , Started milling out the parts manually and started to see/repair the mill/drills slack screws , slack jibs etc, then thought to myself "This sucks , wouldn't it be nice to convert the mill/drill first and then make the PCB router ?"

Is this the start of the slippery CNC slope that people talk about ? :-)

R4

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast