Need Help! cutting 1/2 metal and started getting error codes after about the 10 square.

Thread: cutting 1/2 metal and started getting error codes after about the 10 square.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default cutting 1/2 metal and started getting error codes after about the 10 square.

We have a hypertherm 65 with a plasmacam we used a mechanical torch. We were cutting out 5" x 5" square with holes in two of the corners. It quite cutting the holes first. It started having code 50 on hyperthern and code 12. We got that cleared up and now it will not recognize metal when we go to cut. We check the line to the torch and controller found nothing wrong.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: cutting 1/2 metal and started getting error codes after about the 10 square.

More information is needed.

Are you using the height control, meaning, are you using a torch shield with the height control wire attached to it?

I do not have the error codes memorized, so "Code 50" and "Code 12" means absolutely nothing to me. What are the error code messages?

What software options or upgrades do you have on your license?

BASIC or ADVANCED machine control?

BASIC or ADVANCED height control?

Are you using a hand torch or a machine torch?

Is the plasma machine work load cable attached to the material, or to the grate? (you may think it is the "ground" cable)

What are your settings for 1/2" material? What is your pierce time, and pierce height? What is your cut speed and cut height?

When was the last time you replaced your consumables? What torch are you using? What consumables? Post the five numbers here so we can check your setup.

WHERE are you located? I like to go help people in person if they are reasonably close to me here in Franklin, KY 42134.

Joe