Need Help! Plasmacam won't support my old machine. Need Help hooking up new PM 85 w/i

Thread: Plasmacam won't support my old machine. Need Help hooking up new PM 85 w/i

Default Plasmacam won't support my old machine. Need Help hooking up new PM 85 w/i

So I bought the DHC2 4x4 model around 08' along with a hypertherm powermax 1000. The other day, (after 10 years ) the 1000 took a dump. I have an 85 that I used for hand work and now I have bought a machine torch to go with it since it is a quick connect as opposed to the old style. Call in to plasma cam support only to find that they don't support anything over three years old unless you drop a grand and upgrade to design edge. They won't even tell me what wires to connect. Can someone please help me with the connections on this powermax 85 and the machine torch!?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Plasmacam won't support my old machine. Need Help hooking up new PM 85 w/i

A call to Hypertherm might help. Jim Colt at onetime was online and worked for Hypertherm and knew about PlasmaCam who in spite of all the completion from China and other US venders are still being A$$ holes. Yes I had a PC at one time….

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Default Re: Plasmacam won't support my old machine. Need Help hooking up new PM 85 w/i

I called hypertherm yesterday, they are supposed to email me with schematics of their machine that should get me where I need to be. It really sucks that given the price of the plasma cam for what it is that they won't shoot an original owner an email with a simple wiring diagram. For God sake, it's 4 flipping wires, don't force me to drop a grand to tell me where to connect them. It's not like I bought it at auction. Oh well, rant over.

Downloads
    Uploads

Where are you located?

The video manual has a blurb about how to hook up the 85 to the DHC2 using the plasmacam torch control cable. If you are close, I can swing by to help you get it up and running.

Joe Jones
    Franklin, KY 42134

Thanks for the reply Joe, I ended up buying the cpc port upgrade from hyper therm and getting a ready made DIN to Amphenol adapter cable so everything is now plug and play. I should be able to use the 85 as a Cnc and switch to a hand torch in under a minute. This will be a big plus for me as this was the reason I bought the 85 to begin with, my 1000 stayed permanently connected to the plasma cam.