New Machine Build PlasmaCam on wheels

Thread: PlasmaCam on wheels

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default PlasmaCam on wheels

Has anybody ever put casters (wheels) on their plasmacam?, any pictures?
    Thanks

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PlasmaCam on wheels

Here's an example and idea of what you could do with the PlasmaCam DH4. This type of table is designed to sit flat on a perfectly level floor and if the floor is not level shimming is required.

The 4' table and the Sampson table as well is flexible enough that it needs a four corner lift to move it or 3 lifts on each side of the Sampson table to prevent twisting of the frame.The dolly in the pictures plugs in to a 2" socket on each corner of the 4' table and is removed after moving the table.

I'm not here to promote these but simply to give folks a rough idea of what they can do. We have sockets on every heavy piece in the shop and use the same adjustable dollies on most everything.

I can tell you from experience that the PlasmaCam table stays in place and cuts best when the legs are solid on the floor and NOT on casters. Hope this helps...

Regards, --Paul

Attached Files Attached Files

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I made a cart with 6 inch casters and 2x2 x 1/4 angle iron, the plasmacam sits in it solid and square, PlasmaCam on wheels-dsc_3463-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PlasmaCam on wheels-dsc_3463-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Yep, I did a similar thing as 527john with rolling frame, plus added a pan for my plasma and consumables. A big help was also adding adjustable mounting points so if needed, I could take-up any floor imperfections. I’ll try to get some photos posted one of these days. Also did a water pan, about 10” deep, that made a big difference in adding rigidity, made a huge difference in reducing dust too, but to that extent, it is a lot of extra work for an excellent return, so a good project to pre-plan IMO.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yep, I did a similar thing as 527john with rolling frame, plus added a pan for my plasma and consumables. A big help was also adding adjustable mounting points so if needed, I could take-up any floor imperfections. I’ll try to get some photos posted one of these days. Also did a water pan, about 10” deep, that made a big difference in adding rigidity, made a huge difference in reducing dust too, but to that extent, it is a lot of extra work for an excellent return, so a good project to pre-plan IMO.

Downloads
    Uploads

My DHC2 4x4 is on four wheels with NO frame connecting the lower legs. It doesn't seem to affect the machine at all. I have built my own rail riser system for it. If you are interested, you can do this also, for about $1,400.00

Joe