HELP! PlasmaCAM Doesn't Finish Initializing

Thread: HELP! PlasmaCAM Doesn't Finish Initializing

Downloads
    Uploads

Default HELP! PlasmaCAM Doesn't Finish Initializing

When I initialize, the Z goes up, X and Y go to the top left corner as they are supposed to, then the motors go "twerk", "twerk", "twerk", continually until I turn the controller off. On the monitor, the window that indicates that it's still initializing remains. Here's a video link:

My machine was working fine until today, it is grounded to the earth, and I have installed the latest updates. Just in case it's pertinent, I also have Design Edge.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HELP! PlasmaCAM Doesn't Finish Initializing

Give those fellas in tech support a call. They'll get you going in no time. It looks like you have an older DHC machine, instead of the DHC2. Checking the wires on the z might be a good idea. I am curious, does the z move up and down when you use the keys on the CB.

When you call plasmacam's tech, ask them about the the DHC2 upgrade kit that you can get for your older dhc system. It basically will make your into a new machine for a fraction of the cost.

Good Luck Pal!

JAG

Downloads
    Uploads

Have you tried checking your microswitches? These are the ones that act as limit switches when the machine initializes and senses the home position. They are standard, cheap and easy to replace (located on the gantry & on/under the Y-axis motor). I’ve had to blow them clean from time to time with compressed air when cutting motion got glitchy. I have one of the older machines, purchased in 2003.