Home Grown Wire EDM - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Home Grown Wire EDM

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Home Grown Wire EDM

Hi...nope, still collecting components for the Ben Fleming one.....into CNC machining at the moment..... so many other irons in the fire.
    Ian.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: wire edm

Hi Gombault,

How are you doing sir,

My case is very similar to you.

I have that fast pc driven chinese wireEDM, reciprocating type wireEDM and it got broken ( the software somehow got broken down and the spark won't work anymore . ) So I decided that I would go for Linuxcnc to run my machine, I did install stepper motors to the same machine, and the machine is moving, yet now I have to figure out how to control the pulse in order to make the spark work.

There is a polish guy on youtube that have installed linuxcnc to a reciprocating wireEDM. yet his machine was not originally running through pc except for sending orders to the motors. I mean that his machine was controlled by pc in order only to move the motors and not to control spark.

Here is a link for my wire edm schematics and photos of the generator:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1It...NfD6rb4_e--7kt

If anyone could ellaborate or clarify how to do this ( control the pulse through PC), I would be grateful

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: wire edm

Hi DIY Wire EDM builders,

For anyone who's interested in building their own high performance wire EDM, you can have a look at:

https://baxedm.com

Here I share my mechanical design as open source and sell the required arc generator as finished product. With the combination of the BaxEDM arc generator and Dynomotion control solution, the electronics of a wire EDM machine become quite simple. The only challenge then lies in the mechanics, of which my entire CAD design is provided for free on the BaxEDM website.

Happy building!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345