New Machine Build 4'x4' CNC plasma DIY project - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4'x4' CNC plasma DIY project

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 4'x4' CNC plasma DIY project

I just installed the floating head and the THC3T-02 torch height control and everything works great and finally this is my very first piece made in my CNC plasma table built by me, I need some advices to make the cutting line thinner but for now it's fine to me
    For now, I need some practice to learn Gcodes and others things.

4'x4' CNC plasma DIY project-14489041_10205249488155265_2040522158_o-jpg

4'x4' CNC plasma DIY project-14453962_10205249469594801_355254530_o-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looks good, congrats! Must be a good feeling to know you've build this machine and to see it cut.

What were your cutting specs, amperage, speed and what thickness of material, is it mild steel?

Also did you increase the speed of your machine since your last video?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

U seem to be the first user with that THC, does it work well with ur plasma cutter?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by riyad View Post
    Looks good, congrats! Must be a good feeling to know you've build this machine and to see it cut.

What were your cutting specs, amperage, speed and what thickness of material, is it mild steel?

Also did you increase the speed of your machine since your last video?
    In fact, I'm learning about the plasma cutter setting, I don't have experience. In this case, I used the plasma cutter with 30 amp, with ga. 14 material, but need to adjust the THC and the speed. For increase the speed, I need to install another driver. Now I have one driver and one power supply with two stepper motors in paralel in the X axis, that only allows to use the half of the voltage.
    But in this days I don't have time to do it, for the work, I'll wait a few days.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by assink View Post
    U seem to be the first user with that THC, does it work well with ur plasma cutter?
    That piece was the very first made in that CNC, so, I'm adjusting the THC, in a few days I will do more tests and I'll see how it works and post videos to show results

I have installed the ROBOT3T THC3T-02 with step/dir on my Mach 3 machine but now the Z axis won't move. It just clicks slightly when I try to move it with keyboard commands. If I unplug the thc3-02 connector and use jumpers to bypass it the z axis moves properly. I have checked my wiring and used 2 different voltage supplies but no change. I have emailed the company but have received no response. Has anyone installed this THC with success?

PROBLEM SOLVED. I finally got a reply from ROBOT3T. The solution to my THC3T-02 z axis problem was that it won't work if the z-axis step/dir setting in Mach3 is set to "active high". Seems like that would be an important thing to include in the instructions. Anyway, I changed it to active low and now can control my z properly. Of course it changed the direction that the z homed and moved, but was able to fix that by changing direction other direction settings in Mach3. Now I can finish hooking up the plasma and get back to cutting metal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12