Question about alarm connection integrated servo motor

Thread: Question about alarm connection integrated servo motor

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Question about alarm connection integrated servo motor

I upgrade my stepper motors with integrated servo motors and I don't know how I need to wire the alarm.

Question about alarm connection integrated servo motor-mk3-axis-connector-jpg

This is from motor manual:
    Alarm Signal: OC output signal, activated when one of the following protection is activated:
    over-voltage and over current error. They can sink or source MAX 50mA current at 24V. By default,
    the impedance between ALM+ and ALM- is low for normal operation and becomes high when any
    protection is activated. The active impedance of alarm signal is software configurable.

Question about alarm connection integrated servo motor-alarm-autput-connection-jpg

Any help appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Question about alarm connection integrated servo motor

I have the motor connected as common cathode.

Question about alarm connection integrated servo motor-common-cathode-jpg

My understanding is to wire alarm + to ERR pin and alarm - to common.

MK3 manual say only ERR: Error signal from driver to controller.

I need a confirmation if this is how I need to wire alarm from motor to controller, because I'm not sure and I don't want to do something bad.

Also motor manual say: Note : The enable signal is not configurable, it is enabled on power up by default, and cannot be modified by software. So I don't have enable wire connected to motor from controller.

Question about alarm connection integrated servo motor-motor-common-chatode-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

My understanding is to wire alarm + to ERR pin and alarm - to common.
    Yes, this is correct.
    alarm+ -> ERR of axis header
    alarm- -> GND of axis header

Downloads
    Uploads

Where is the ERR on the axis header? My drivers (HBS57) are connected to the Adapter with Screw Terminals (https://planet-cnc.com/product/adapt...rew-terminals/), which only has screw terminals for ENA, DIR, STEP, GND and +5V. There is not screw terminal for ERR. Do I need a different connection board or am I missing something kinda obvious?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mharter11 View Post
    Where is the ERR on the axis header? My drivers (HBS57) are connected to the Adapter with Screw Terminals (https://planet-cnc.com/product/adapt...rew-terminals/), which only has screw terminals for ENA, DIR, STEP, GND and +5V. There is not screw terminal for ERR. Do I need a different connection board or am I missing something kinda obvious?
    In first post is the first picture with axis header pins. Picture is from mk3 manual. That adapter don't have terminal screw for ERR pin (maybe was made for stepper motors), but the ERR pin should be there transferred with ribbon cable to that adapter plate but not used.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by adidoro View Post
    In first post is the first picture with axis header pins. Picture is from mk3 manual. That adapter don't have terminal screw for ERR pin (maybe was made for stepper motors), but the ERR pin should be there transferred with ribbon cable to that adapter plate but not used.
    How are you connecting to the ERR pin?

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't have that adapter plate, I just wire the motor cable directly to ribbon cable from controller by soldering and heat shrink tubing on them. you can easy modify your adapter plate and replace ground or 5V or enable pin (what you don't use) with ERR pin.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by adidoro View Post
    I don't have that adapter plate, I just wire the motor cable directly to ribbon cable from controller by soldering and heat shrink tubing on them. you can easy modify your adapter plate and replace ground or 5V or enable pin (what you don't use) with ERR pin.
    Awesome! Thanks for that input!