Beta and other stuff

Thread: Beta and other stuff

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Beta and other stuff

As mentioned in another thread, there should be a better communication somehow what is beta and what not.
    For example i never realiced that the machine 3d Display is some kind ov preview and not official supported.

The same is also for the very latest version. You called it a beta in another thread, but it is not clearly visible.

Just for Understanding: I am using the software in productive environment on large scale CNC Machine and having unexpected behaviour confuses not only me, but my co-workers who are not familar with programming or any special knowledge.

On the other hand, compared your software to others. There are many abilitys and I realy like the way it is working. Even if its not industrial style. And i knew from own projects how frustrating it could be if updates are not working as expected or customers are not satisfied. .

Maybe you could think of something like an extended support for an annual fee or something like that to separate industrial customers from hobby.Because your software and devellopment is realy worth more than just a single payment.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Beta and other stuff

Thank you. Perhaps this is really something we should consider.

I apologize for inconvinience. There were some major issues fixed and because other changes were only cosmetic I decided to to this.

Send me your 3dobj.txt file and I'll fix it for you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you. Attached you will find my 3dobj.txt

Maybe you could answer a short question: How could I add custom images in dialogs?
    So far I have

(dlg,data::myimage.png, typ=image, x=0) ,
    but that doesn't show my image. Maybe I have placed it in the wrong place.

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

data:: means image is internal and will not work with your images.

Check "GuessNumber.nc" example from samples.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by awpross View Post
    Maybe you could think of something like an extended support for an annual fee or something like that to separate industrial customers from hobby.Because your software and devellopment is realy worth more than just a single payment.
    I'm not on that side, I make parts with my DIY CNC but not at an industrial scale, is still a hobby.
    However, I suggest that the beta version be released separately with the option to download and test, but if something doesn't work, it should be there the option to download the previous version again and use it until the possible problems are solved. Any new version should be beta to begin with, because no matter how much it is tested by the PlanetCNC staff, they can still miss something and have small malfunctions. It's just my opinion, maybe good, maybe not.

Downloads
    Uploads

I think this is it.
    Beta and other stuff-planetcnc32d_c7qkuxdfco-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beta and other stuff-adqdzgce0b-png   Beta and other stuff-planetcnc32d_c7qkuxdfco-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files