New Vevor Spindle Speeds Up when I Try To Stop It - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Vevor Spindle Speeds Up when I Try To Stop It

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New Vevor Spindle Speeds Up when I Try To Stop It

Quote Originally Posted by bcomstock View Post
    F176 was locked at 0, so it's expecting 50Hz The manual indicates this is fixed so hopefully this isn't significant to how it runs. I was able to set F010 and F012, but F006 and F009 still have the same max values (150Hz and 40V). Per the manual F006 Intermediate Frequency is limited by the Reference Frequency (P004) which we have set to 400Hz (this is what the seller insisted should be set to 200Hz). F009 Intermediate Voltage is limited by P008 Maximum Voltage, which is set at 220. I'm not sure what else is limiting these parameters. If these are my limitations it looks like 40V would be at roughly 60Hz if it's linear to 220V at 400Hz. Would the middle-frequency torque be improved if we set this 40V max intermediate voltage at a lower speed like 40Hz or 50Hz?

I agree with the USB isolator and have one on order.

I have a dedicated breaker feeding 240V from my main panel, and I have another 120V circuit feeding my PC, Servos, water pump, etc. I have my shop in my home with 200A service feeding the main panel, so I'll put the EMI filter near the VFD to prevent it from sending noise into the rest of the house. I'll look at putting an EMI filter on the line going into the servo drive power supply if that's another area that I should be improving. Your point is well taken regarding a single power line into my panel, and while I make every effort to make a decent setup, admittedly my panel isn't at the same level as what I used to see in equipment that my suppliers made for my various work projects.

I'll install the shielded cable tomorrow for the VFD to the spindle. I previously verified that the #4 pin on my spindle connector has continuity to the spindle frame, so I was planning to connect the ground wire on the new cable to the #4 pin at the spindle and to the ground back by the VFD. If I understand correctly from what you're saying and what I've read, the cable shield would only be connected to the ground in the panel and not to anything by the spindle to prevent a closed loop with the ground wire?

Thanks again!
    The F176 does not have much to do with anything and should be able to be set to (1) for 60Hz this I though may have changed how those Parameters are reacting, there is something screwed up with your VFD Drive and it may be a clone which there are many VFD Drive out there like this

The main Frequency could never be set at 200Hz this could damage the Spindle which is 400Hz and can only be set at the name plate specs=400

Just leave at Default the F006 / F009 run the Spindle in the Vector mode F012=1 if it runs smooth with this Parameter set at F012=1 then there is nothing to worry about F006 / F009 Parameters, if the Vector mode is working, this will keep a constant Torque across the whole speed range

You have given yourself a Ground Loop by have (2) Power inputs to your machine this is why you have a Noise problem You can't have (2) power supplies feeding power to your machine this must only be (1)

You need (1) 4 wire Supply to your machine 30A 240v will be enough this will give you the 240v for the VFD Drive and the 120v supply for the rest of your machine this will give you (1) Mains supply Ground, the way you have it now you have (2) Grounds from the Main Power Supply connected to your machine, and this = Ground Loop which you don't want to have

No, the Shield has to be connected at Both Ends to have any affect I explained in the last post how to clamp the Shield at the Spindle Plug with the Cable restraint not Ideal, but you don't have any other choice with this type of plug, then the other end is clamped to the Ground plane (Ground Plane is the metal Plate that everything is mounted on) Shields to have any affect have to be correctly terminated, this does not = a Ground loop most people don't understand what a Ground loop is

Some snips of VFD Shield Termination there is no other substitute, I have many more examples if you need them, being in a residential setting it is even more important to get this right

The EMI Power Filter must be mounted close as Possible to the VFD Drives input power

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Vevor Spindle Speeds Up when I Try To Stop It-shield-grounding-sinumerik-specs-jpg   New Vevor Spindle Speeds Up when I Try To Stop It-vfd-drive-ground-shield-termination-png   New Vevor Spindle Speeds Up when I Try To Stop It-vfd-shield-grounding-siemens-jpg  
    Mactec54

The shielded cable is installed as recommended and the mill is now running fine. I also put in the USB isolator, and the EMI filter for the VFD input power will be here tomorrow. The intermediate frequency/voltage are still at their default levels and not able to hit the higher numbers that you initially recommended, so at this point it looks like I'll need to either replace it, run it as (which should be fairly linear from zero to full power at 400Hz) or pick an appropriate frequency to hit the max intermediate voltage of 40V that will give me a bit more torque (if possible). I have a few more clean-up items, but I'm very happy that it seems to be working. We'll see how it runs when I run it a bit, but I'm cautiously optimistic at this point. Thanks again for your time to help. Your input was invaluable to get my new spindle up and running so I can get back to making things.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bcomstock View Post
    The shielded cable is installed as recommended and the mill is now running fine. I also put in the USB isolator, and the EMI filter for the VFD input power will be here tomorrow. The intermediate frequency/voltage are still at their default levels and not able to hit the higher numbers that you initially recommended, so at this point it looks like I'll need to either replace it, run it as (which should be fairly linear from zero to full power at 400Hz) or pick an appropriate frequency to hit the max intermediate voltage of 40V that will give me a bit more torque (if possible). I have a few more clean-up items, but I'm very happy that it seems to be working. We'll see how it runs when I run it a bit, but I'm cautiously optimistic at this point. Thanks again for your time to help. Your input was invaluable to get my new spindle up and running so I can get back to making things.
    You did not read what I posted, when you use the Vector mode. F012=1 it does not use F006 / F009 you also can't just choose any number for those Parameters it has to be calculated using Voltage to Hz Ratio using low numbers would not work correctly for your spindle

So, if it is running fine with F012=1 then you won't get any better than that no matter what you try or change, Vector mode will give you max Torque over the Speed range of your spindle

Mactec54

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12