TNG Stop button is not turning off the spindle - is this a bug? Can I change it?

Thread: TNG Stop button is not turning off the spindle - is this a bug? Can I change it?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default TNG Stop button is not turning off the spindle - is this a bug? Can I change it?

I have observed that when a G-Code program is running on my CNC router and I use the Stop button on the TNG toolbar, the spindle does not turn off.
    The g-code program does stop as well as motion. But the Spindle and VFD keep on running.

Is this by functionality by design? Can I change it via a setting or a file change?

The spindle and vfd are the common Chinese imports. The Emergency stop DOES stop the program, motion, and the spindle/vfd. The VFD is controlled by PlanetCNC card.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: TNG Stop button is not turning off the spindle - is this a bug? Can I change it?

I do have the same problem. Only the E-Stop shuts down everything. When i have to stop during a plasma cutting action i have to shut down the torch manually by the button. Its awful that way. Haven't yet figured out why.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: TNG Stop button is not turning off the spindle - is this a bug? Can I change it?

There are lots of options to do this.
    You can write OnStop.gcode script and run M5 from there.
    Or you can write #OnStop expr.txt event and turn outputs off from there.

Downloads
    Uploads

Usually a spindle drive only needs the enable signal removing to stop. Could be a wiring problem with the stop button. Possibly dual channel and channel to the drive isn't dropping out.

Downloads
    Uploads

This is not a wiring problem. Planetcnc does not change the state of the output that is linked to the spindel when stopping the program with the stop button. As instructed above you can achieve this by adding the corresponding code either to onstop.gcode or to expr.txt

Downloads
    Uploads

Not everyone is able to intervene on the codes and, also for safety reasons, it would be advisable for the program to offer, in the setting, the option to stop the spindle in this condition.
    The user will then choose whether to activate the option, without going to modify/create the scripts.

Downloads
    Uploads

I believe anyone should be able to do this.
    It is easier to add "M5" to OnStop script than find which checkbox in settings should be checked.
    Because Stop is not EStop, a move to safe height is usually also used here.

Go to "Settings/Program Options/Events".
    Scroll down to "OnStop" and click "Edit Script".
    Add "M5" line.
    Click save icon to save modified script.
    Is this really so hard?
    (see attachments)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TNG Stop button is not turning off the spindle - is this a bug? Can I change it?-hzcfov9php-png   TNG Stop button is not turning off the spindle - is this a bug? Can I change it?-planetcnc32d_kiuyzeog3d-png  

Downloads
    Uploads

No, it's not at all difficult. Far from it. And I wasn't speaking in a personal capacity, since I too modify the scripts also with the help of the friends of this forum. But, I repeat, and sincerely without any desire for controversy, that there are those who prefer to operate only through the user interface, and I fully understand their reluctance to modify system scripts.
    On the other hand I realize that the program was also born thinking about the possibility - on the user side - of expanding its potential by modifying and creating scripts, expressions and more.
    I just wanted to say that this is an important function, and that having it in the setting options wasn't a bad idea, and could be reassuring for more "cautious" users.
    (Sorry for my poor English language, I'm using translation program...)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetCNC View Post
    I believe anyone should be able to do this.
    It is easier to add "M5" to OnStop script than find which checkbox in settings should be checked.
    Because Stop is not EStop, a move to safe height is usually also used here.

Go to "Settings/Program Options/Events".
    Scroll down to "OnStop" and click "Edit Script".
    Add "M5" line.
    Click save icon to save modified script.
    Is this really so hard?
    (see attachments)
    Thank you for the insight on how to achieve this, and additional thanks for the directions too. :-D