XYZ Probe

Thread: XYZ Probe

Downloads
    Uploads

Default XYZ Probe

Hello,

We are a Fablab in Brussels with an old CNC retrofitted with a planet CNC controler and, at the moment, a simple Z probe.

We'd like to add an homemade XYZ probe like this one https://ooznest.co.uk/product/origin...z-touch-probe/

(that could idealy correct for deviation if the workpiece is not straight but a simpler one would be fine as well)

I looked on the forum but couldn't find enough info on the custom scripts and the wiring needed for that.

If anyone can point me in the right direction !

Thank you in advance,

Arthur

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: XYZ Probe

Take the following one:
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_Eug9gvD

all scripts out of the box in TNGv2

Downloads
    Uploads

That looks good but we were looking for something to make oursleves, also this one requires changing the tool, with the other just using the current tool is enough

Downloads
    Uploads

For the first steps you could take a look at
    https://planet-cnc.com/measure-work-...ovable-sensor/

Downloads
    Uploads

This one we got working, I was just wondering if there was a comprehensive tutorial on an XYZ probe with planet CNC

Downloads
    Uploads

The mentioned 3d probe is more than worth the effort to change the tool for measurement.
    It works much better. Does not require any offsets and works with every material. And you do not run the risk of plunging your endmill into the workpiece.

Downloads
    Uploads

I undestand it's advantages but it's not appropriate for our use. It's a shared CNC and we feel the plate would be more appropriate. And if it turns out it's not we will have learned to make it work So if anyone has a tutorial on how to make a such a probe work with planet cnc I'm still interested !

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by lgritsch View Post
    For the first steps you could take a look at
    https://planet-cnc.com/measure-work-...ovable-sensor/

Can you help with that probe??

How connect and how use it with planet cnc?? how setup? script?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Agld View Post
    I undestand it's advantages but it's not appropriate for our use. It's a shared CNC and we feel the plate would be more appropriate. And if it turns out it's not we will have learned to make it work So if anyone has a tutorial on how to make a such a probe work with planet cnc I'm still interested !
    I don't think there is a tutorial on this, but you can use a similar plate as a probe with PlanetCNC probe function from the program. You don't need the hole in the plate. Set probe pin NO and probe dimensions for X, Y, Z and speeds. Also measuring with a tool in spindle is not precise, you need to use some precision round bar for measurements. So for that particular use of the plate, you will use Machine->Measure->Outside Corner where you can check Set WO (work coordinate). The tool or precision bar will go down touch the plate, then will move to X and Y (distance you specify at Edge) to measure the edges. Don't worry if distance is to short it will touch again the surface and move side way till it can go lower for edge measure. Pay attention at direction selection of the corner you measure. Always before to use the plate check the contact in IO panel.