Output board - parallel input signal

Thread: Output board - parallel input signal

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Output board - parallel input signal

Good evening. I am setting up a new machine and I have the following doubt. I use TNG with Mk3 / 9 + an original Planet output board, connected via IDC cable. The manual says that the IDC cable and terminal connections should not be used at the same time. The motor of my spindle has an electric servo fan that must be powered separately, so with the M3 / M5 commands I need to start both the spindle and the electric fan. I would therefore need to parallel two relay outputs. Can I make a jumper on the terminals of the output board - for example 1 & 2 - to have the simultaneous closing of two relays on the board while maintaining the IDC connection between the controller and the output board?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Output board - parallel input signal

I would like a reply from the Planet Cnc team.
    Thank you in advance.

Downloads
    Uploads

If there's enough output power (ma) available from 1 output you can parallel connect 2 relays from 1 output.
    So for example if each ralay coil is 20ma and your output can deliver 50ma, that means you can run 2 relays from 1 out.
    You just need to know whether it's npn or pnp connection.
    I have a few that are paired up this way.

Or you can look into STDP types.

Downloads
    Uploads

Get yourself a second Relais that can be Switches by whatever current you are cutrently outputting on the output bord Relais to Power on the spindle.
    Put it in parallel and you are good to go with Just one output.

Downloads
    Uploads

My question was different. I am not looking for a solution to control a second relay. That's simple enough.
    I wanted to know if, using the connection between the controller and the output board through the IDC cable, I can still create - on the screw terminals of the output board - a parallel between inputs 1 & 2 to control 2 of the relays on board at the same time.

Downloads
    Uploads

If I understand the question correct, I think this could damage the controller. The Controller has a TTL output which is switched between GND and +

So connecting two outputs of controller or with the way on the output board, this will result in a short circuit.