Planet CNC NONSENSE

Thread: Planet CNC NONSENSE

Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Planet CNC NONSENSE

I bought a Mk3DRV controller to replace a chinese counterfeit. I paid over $200. They say nothing about paying additional money to use the thing they just sold me. I cannot get a license without paying those creeps another $100 at least. They wait until I order and install their product to tell me this. they can take a long walk on a short bridge.

Similar Threads:

Community Moderator RaderSidetrack's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Planet CNC NONSENSE

Hmmmm, I just did a search for "Mk3DRV controller" and the first page I looked at is shown in this screenshot:

Planet CNC NONSENSE-planetcncscreenshot-2022-06-05-08-32-14-a

Page link: https://planet-cnc.com/product/mk3-drv/

And the last line in the "More details" section in the screenshot above says:

Controller requires license. Without license it is limited to 25 moves.

https://planet-cnc.com/product/mk3-drv/
    Seems clear enough . . .

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Planet CNC NONSENSE-planetcncscreenshot-2022-06-05-08-32-14-a  
    Last edited by RaderSidetrack; 06-05-2022 at 08:41 AM. Reason: typo

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by anonemus123 View Post
    I bought a Mk3DRV controller to replace a chinese counterfeit. I paid over $200. They say nothing about paying additional money to use the thing they just sold me. I cannot get a license without paying those creeps another $100 at least. They wait until I order and install their product to tell me this. they can take a long walk on a short bridge.
    It clearly states that you need a License, on that driver control package, send it back if you are not happy with it. why did you need motor driver and control package, it's not good to have both in the same package, the original motor driver would of been ok you only needed a Breakout Board and Control software

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Planet CNC NONSENSE-planet-cnc-jpg  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

I think the total price is reasonable and I love the products, but I can't think of a legitimate reason to sell the hardware and the license separately. Why offer the option of buying a controller without a license if each and every controller needs one? Sure, in theory the hardware could be run with another software, but I doubt many or any customers would do that. Can a counterfeit board be used with a legitimate license? I don't think so either. I try my best, but fail to see another reason to for this than misdirection.
    The website might be clear enough about the need for a license, though. What disappointed me was that I could not transfer a license from a broken board to a replacement.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

What disappointed me was that I could not transfer a license from a broken board to a replacement.
    Did the broken board, a Chinese counterfeit by your description even have a license?

Craig