Controller error or what?

Thread: Controller error or what?

Default Controller error or what?

I am very new to CNC in general and I am using s 3040 Ebay router. It has worked pretty good so far until this issue. I am using Freecad to write the Gcode.
    This is my error. I am using a pocket cut for this engraving. It will go through the entire job without error until it gets to the last part. Then for no apparent reason the router goes in the "wrong" direction. I do not understand the arcs in the G code but when I click on both lines in the code it shows it should be going where it is supposed to. I redid just the perimeter part that was having an issue so I could test it by itself and even running it in the opposite direction it does still not follow the intended path. Should I assume it is my error in the Freecad? Should I look for a problem with the board? Should I look for a problem with the Planet CNC software? I included as many pictures of I could. If I interrupt it at the line that goes awry and skip it it continues fine. This error seems to happen 180 degrees at the opposite side of the cut and at each depth. The engraving on the boards is the entire code allowed to run to the end. I am confused because looking at the path on the screen it seems to see it correctly but doesn't follow it. I am including the file. It seems to happen on lines 71,72 in this file.
    Thank for any ones time
    Controller error or what?-hd-complete-jpgController error or what?-white2-jpgController error or what?-screen-error-jpgController error or what?-screen-gcode-jpgController error or what?-screen-gcode-2-jpgController error or what?-screen-gcode-3-jpgController error or what?-hd-part-2-perimeter-nc-txtController error or what?-hd-screen-jpgHD part 2 perimeter.nc.txt

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Controller error or what?-hd-complete-jpg   Controller error or what?-white2-jpg   Controller error or what?-hd-screen-jpg   Controller error or what?-screen-error-jpg  

Controller error or what?-screen-gcode-jpg   Controller error or what?-screen-gcode-2-jpg   Controller error or what?-screen-gcode-3-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Controller error or what?

Well.
    G1 is a straight line.
    That code says to me it's telling the machine to go from x73 to x122 in a direct straight line.
    Is that correct?.

I don't know what the I & J numbers mean as I have never been involved with that type.
    But those IJ numbers are massive compared to the rest, is that normal?.

Yeah the I's and J's are beginning and end of arcs I am pretty sure. I do not understand the numbers of the arcs. But yeah it is supposed to be a nearly straight line from x73 to x122 and for some reason it doesn't go there. But if you /404 and tell it to start at the next line it will go to where it was supposed to.

Well I am not sure I figured out what the issue was but I got it to work by deleting the problem arcs and making them a straight line. I assume the high numbers weren't liked by something. I guess the end result is the important part. Its weird it could draw it out on the screen but not send it to the controller. Thanks for the input.

Downloads
    Uploads

What pc are you using for control?.
    Could it be taxing the ram or processor?.

Downloads
    Uploads

Post your gcode program. If you use DXF import, post dxf file.
    Also, which controller do you have? Post also your settings file from CNC USB sw.

I use Freecad 19 Path for the Gcode and tried both the Linux and Mach 3 settings for post processor. The PC operating it is a Windows 10 quad core intel 2.33ghz with 8gb of Ram and that is the only other program installed on it. I would not think it would have trouble. I was unable to upload the settings file. It keeps saying Cloudflare blocked me when I do.

Downloads
    Uploads

The most likely cause is your cam program is creating gcode your control does not support. You often need to use a post process that supports your control