ATC behavior

Thread: ATC behavior

Downloads
    Uploads

Default ATC behavior

Good morning to all
    I would like a behavior for ATC like this:

-New tool mounted on bracket, I load the tool and measure it on my fix probe with "Tool offset/measure lenght" key only for the first time
    -I want controller set this value in "tool table offset"
    -I want, when I start new work, machine charge the tool an set offset G43 from relative tool table without new measure.

It's possible? And how I set parameters?

Now I've on tool table "skip tool measure" flag, I measure the tool an I've a correct "zero" but It don't write in tool table, so I've to measure any time....

thank's in advance.

L.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ATC behavior

I'm still working to get my ATC Spindle on the machine, so I have no hands on experience up to now, take everything I say on this topic with a grain of salt ;-)
    However I helped a few colleagues setting there ATC up on there machine.

Based on this experiences:
    The current implementation of the ATC does not allow to do this automatically.
    You can either have a measurement after every toolchange, or no measurement after the toolchange.
    Which way you choose totally depends on your own preferences.
    If you want a measurement every time you obviously do not need to change anything. If you want to be able to use gcode that have G43 included you need to have the setting "Programm Options/Tool Change/ Tool Offset/ Measure Offset/" to "To Tool Table"
    If you want to be able to call a tool with m6 without having to call G43 afterwards as well set the flag "Programm Options/Tool Change/ Tool Offset/ Set Offset/" to "From Tool Table" as well (this basically calls a G43 inside of M6, nothing more)

If you want to safe the cycle time of the measurement you need to do this manually. Put the tool into the magazine, call the tool, manually execute a tool length measurement.
    !!!! Very important, do this with "Machine/Tools/Measure Current Tool" !!!!
    The button on the hand wheel and on the GUI calls "Machine/Tool Offset/Measure Length"!!! while sounding similar this one only puts the tool length into the current Tool offset and NOT into the tool table.
    Settings for this in tool change would be:
    "Programm Options/Tool Change/ Tool Offset/ Measrue Offset/" disabled
    "Programm Options/Tool Change/ Tool Offset/ Set Offset/ " to "From Tool Table" (strictly this is not required, however I find it useful for situations where I manually call a tool with T1 M6, this automatically setzt G43 from the tool table. It depends on how you work with your machine)

If you are willing to look a bit deeper into gcode coding you could easily modify the m6 script to handle everything automatically, it should not be too much work to automatically set the "skip tool measure" flag in the tool table after the first measurement and skip the tool measurement for this tool for the future. Obviously you need to manually make sure that you remove this flag every time the length of the tool changes.

For the settings mentioned above you need to ensure that your M6 script is up to date, the "Set Offset" functionality was introduces somewhere during a version in summer 2021. If you modified your m6 script before this change was introduced you script most likely do not use this option at the moment and you need to manually merge your changes into the current m6 script. (I had this problem in one instance and we were wondering why the setting did not work)

btw: While the ATC settings in the settings dialog can be made do work with a magazine I found them quiet unintuitive to use. The one time I helped setting up a full ATC with magazine we ended up simply rewriting the complete section of the M6 script to ensure the proper working off tool clamping/unclamping, dust blowoff, checking of all the states of the spindle (clamp open / closed) automatic handling of tools in the Magazine AND tools that are not in the magazine and needed to be loaded manually etc......
    This way was far easier and gave a better result. However settings can not simply be changed in the GUI for this.

off topic but might be interesting for you as well, I wrote a small dialog to easily handle the tools in the magazine:
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/plane...ne-dialog.html

you could easily implement a Extension handle the "skip tool measure" flag there.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Scorpion.
    sorry, but I was out working...
    I'll try to follow your indication, if I've some doubt can I ask you?
    Thank's again
    L.

Downloads
    Uploads

..sorry, double message...

Last edited by Clyde_IT; 02-05-2022 at 08:22 AM. Reason: double message

Downloads
    Uploads

Sure, feel free to reach out to me. Either here or on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/klaus.m.schneider