Construction of a CN lathe - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Construction of a CN lathe

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Construction of a CN lathe

Ok, I think I understand. Solid line at the center is not enough, you want is through all width/height.

Downloads
    Uploads

Absolutely.
    The translations cause certain difficulties of understanding sometimes, see often :-)

Hi there
    Has anyone got the G41/ G42 compensation working in the XZ plane? And has the tool table been sorted out for the required parameters?

It is absolutely no use as a lathe control without as you cannot do any precision profiling and I have a lathe that I converted to Planet CNC that has sat for the last year and a half as without tool radius compensation I cant produce the component shape required without rewriting the program every time I change tool.

The responses I got from the helpdesk were initially "I believe that you have mix the tool radius compensation and tool length offset.
    Because, the G42/G41 compensation other than in XY plane does not make sense.

But, you can of course use the G43 or tool compensation which makes sense.
    You can use tool table, you can use tool offset measurement etc.."

After sending the pages from the linux CNC that demonstrate the problem I got the reply

"Unfortauintely for now it is only in XY plane. This might be adapted in the future. "

I would like to know when in future as I am considering changing to a control that does work.

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

I am also in the same expectation. I should finish the first stage of my tour in a few weeks (no progress during the good weather period, and it is long this year ).
    Planet CNC wants to be among the best and they plan to take this into account. So let's be patient.

Best ragards

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234