FEEDRATE Overide

Thread: FEEDRATE Overide

Downloads
    Uploads

Default FEEDRATE Overide

Hello to all

I need feedrate speed override with potentiometer

I asked suport from Planetcnc they give sugestions how to do it, but problem is that i never used Arduino

ANSWER FROM PLANET-CNC SUPORT
    ((There are several ways to do this. You can think of an Arduino device that will introduce itself as a HID. In TNG then set the feed and Spindle override keyboard shortcuts. The Arduino can receive the pulses of the roto-encoder at the input, and as an output it will then send the keyboard characters that you have set as shortcuts for the mentioned functions. You can also map the digital input of the controller as a shortcut to these functions.)

NOW is some one here to help me how to do that STEP by STEP

THANKS

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: FEEDRATE Overide

Guys from PLANET-CNC HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

API contains examples for projects like this. But it is not a beginner project.
    One option is to use wireless handwheel. You can use it for feedrate override (left knob at F position).
    https://planet-cnc.com/product/wireless-handwheel/

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    Is there really no way to get at least for the Feed (normaly Feed and Spindle) hardware analog Potentiometer connected to controller for REALTIME Override??????
    I can not believe, that such a great controller/TNG Software has this not as Standard implemented.
    Everyone knows how importent a 3/4 Turn on Pot to halt or just lower a little bit the Feed in Realtime, this is just Basics in CNC and absolutely necessery.

I am know installing the Mk3/9 for a friend and realise there is no such solution.
    I was almost ready for pull the trigger to order a second board for me, for a retrofit.

But now i really have to think about twice.

Best regards
    Martin

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mwyss View Post
    Hi
    Is there really no way to get at least for the Feed (normaly Feed and Spindle) hardware analog Potentiometer connected to controller for REALTIME Override??????
    I can not believe, that such a great controller/TNG Software has this not as Standard implemented.
    Everyone knows how importent a 3/4 Turn on Pot to halt or just lower a little bit the Feed in Realtime, this is just Basics in CNC and absolutely necessery.
    I am know installing the Mk3/9 for a friend and realise there is no such solution.
    I was almost ready for pull the trigger to order a second board for me, for a retrofit.
    But now i really have to think about twice.
    Best regards
    Martin
    Martin.
    Look at uc300eth and uccnc and look at the documentation.
    Has 2 analogue inputs for such a setup.
    Planet cnc looks limited and not that great day by day hmmmm.

Downloads
    Uploads

It has, I have made an wired cnc pendant, home made, with few buttons and poti. Works like a charm, then I switced to wireless from PlaneCNC.
    Still have files somewere....

Downloads
    Uploads

Mk3 has 4 analog inputs which can be used for feed override. It has 4 encoder inputs, all of then mac be used for feed override.
    TNG can use any third party extension which has available API.
    There are so many options it is hard to choose best one. I've even seen voice controlled TNG.

Usually complex CNC consoles in this price range are build around microcontroller such as Arduino. I've seen some truly amazing consoles.
    It is true, that these solutions are not out of the box. But with little involvement it is quite easy to make something remarkable.
    And we are making more and more examples.

Wireless pendant is out of box solution that has feed override control.

I don't want to see any insinuations that our stuff is limited. There are virtually no limits.
    End of discussions, end of trolling.