Motor behavior with TNG

Thread: Motor behavior with TNG

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Motor behavior with TNG

I have a problem with the TNG software. After the migration from USB to TNG, with a MK3 / 4 controller, with the same motors and the same drivers, the motors stall after a certain speed. I don't know if there is some setting to change. I haven't changed any of the driver parameters. I tried to change "step width" (default is 12ms) in the program settings, but it doesn't change anything. Using an MK2 card and the old software, always with the same motors and the same drivers, the problem is not there. Has anyone noticed the same problem and can you suggest a change in the parameters that I can solve?
    Thanks in advance

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Motor behavior with TNG

Hello,
    Can anyone answer? Not even PlanetCNC?

Quote Originally Posted by leomonti View Post
    I have a problem with the TNG software. After the migration from USB to TNG, with a MK3 / 4 controller, with the same motors and the same drivers, the motors stall after a certain speed. I don't know if there is some setting to change. I haven't changed any of the driver parameters. I tried to change "step width" (default is 12ms) in the program settings, but it doesn't change anything. Using an MK2 card and the old software, always with the same motors and the same drivers, the problem is not there. Has anyone noticed the same problem and can you suggest a change in the parameters that I can solve?
    Thanks in advance

Downloads
    Uploads

From what I understand, TNG handles the STEP and DIR signals of the motors better than the old CNCUSB; this, in practice, has an effect on the noise of the motors themselves during the movements ("different", almost uglier in my opinion) but once the operating parameters have been set correctly (StepsPerUnit) everything works fine, indeed, in my case I reach feed higher without crashes than the old software. However, I must say that I had to slightly increase the operating amperage of my engines for optimal performance. Obviously it all also depends on the type of engine and driver ... I think. As for the calculation of the StePsperUnits, I measured the exact displacement of the axis with an electronic line. However don't worry because normally PlanetCNC responds as soon as it can.
    MM

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you mar-cone!

The step x unit setting - with the same hardware (machine, motors, screws and drivers) is the same of the old software. In this condition, I can't use a different step x units setting (half step/1mm screw feed/400 steps x mm.). Motors are Sanyo Denki 4A. Drivers RTA CSD-04 setting 4A.

I'll wait the reply from PlanetCNC in the present post.

Last edited by leomonti; 07-19-2021 at 01:37 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

If motors are capable of this speed, then acceleration is too high. Lower acceleration. And record a video so I can see an hear sound of motors.