TNG Network.

Thread: TNG Network.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default TNG Network.

Not able to connect to TNG via network.

Worked perfect with USB controller and network.

I enable network in settings but nothing is showing.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: TNG Network.

you need to have the Ethernet adapter that you are using configured with the correct IP Range. You can check the IP of the Pkanet Board in the "Set Parameters" for the controller (in the Machine Menue)
    Choose a IP in the same range and enter the IP of the Adapter that you are using in the Settings Menu as "Adapter IP"
    Closing and reopening of the Settings Menu might be required to make the board visible after setting the Adapter IP.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionTDL View Post
    you need to have the Ethernet adapter that you are using configured with the correct IP Range. You can check the IP of the Pkanet Board in the "Set Parameters" for the controller (in the Machine Menue)
    Choose a IP in the same range and enter the IP of the Adapter that you are using in the Settings Menu as "Adapter IP"
    Closing and reopening of the Settings Menu might be required to make the board visible after setting the Adapter IP.
    Ethernet Adapter? Under settings - Connection?

The IP of the adapter when connected with usb = 192.168.10.147
    I have set the IP address under Connection to the same thing, but it's not working.

Tried with DHCP on and off.

It worked flawlessly with the old software...

Also when I'm connected with USB the machine laggs like crazy. When I use arrows for moving the axes they stutter and are really laggy in their movement.

Downloads
    Uploads

Did you configure controller IP?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetCNC View Post
    Did you configure controller IP?
    Where? I've been to the screen where you can enable and fisable DHCP etc.

Downloads
    Uploads

I covered the Network setup in one of my Videos, its in German but maybe with the autogenerated English subtitles its enough to give you a rough understanding how to do the configuration:

I'm talking about the connection starting at 2:40

Downloads
    Uploads

I covered the Network setup in one of my Videos, its in German but maybe with the autogenerated English subtitles its enough to give you a rough understanding how to do the configuration:

I'm talking about the connection starting at 2:40
    So with TNG you have to connect the ethernet directly to your pc??

With the usbcontroller I have a switch(router) inbetween the pc and the controller board. Have had no issues with this at all.

Are you telling me I now need to buy a crossover ethernet cable and another network adapter for my pc to be able to use network with TNG?

Downloads
    Uploads

you still can connect it to your switch. As I have multiple network interfaces on my PC I simply used a dedicated adapter.

However you still need to ensure that the ethernet adapter on your PC has a IP Address in the Same Range as the Planet Board and you need to enter that IP Address into the Settings Menu of TNG.

edit: for a direct connection you might not need a crossover cable. If your PC is running a Gigabit adapter it should have Auto-MDIX which autodetects the need for a crossover cable and automatically adapts itself to handle this.

Downloads
    Uploads

you still can connect it to your switch. As I have multiple network interfaces on my PC I simply used a dedicated adapter.

However you still need to ensure that the ethernet adapter on your PC has a IP Address in the Same Range as the Planet Board and you need to enter that IP Address into the Settings Menu of TNG.

edit: for a direct connection you might not need a crossover cable. If your PC is running a Gigabit adapter it should have Auto-MDIX which autodetects the need for a crossover cable and automatically adapts itself to handle this.
    Randomly decided to work now. So this issue is fixed for now. Thanks.

On another note your movies are only subtitled to German. I were not able to pick english, might this be a setting from your control panel on youtube?

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm able to switch to auto translated English on the subtitle.