Remaining distance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remaining distance

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Remaining distance

Hello,

In order to continue to improve safety and during program debugging, is it possible to display the remaining distance per axis during a programmed movement (IMD or program execution)?

Or are there variables corresponding to the point to reach in order to display the remaining distance by performing a subtraction between the point to be reached and the current position?

best regards

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Remaining distance

Hi all,

My question does not ignite the discussions .

I still made progress on the subject. And I thought I would find the solution. I'm not far from it, but Planet CNC will have to tell me if this is possible.

- I created an additional State tab with 4 expressions corresponding to the X, Y, Z and A axes.

name "Distance"

label "Distance restante" colorname = # ffa500

expr "x = _selected_gcode_x-_hw_motor_x" 3 "X" colorname = # 00a5ff color = # 4bb725
    expr "y = _selected_gcode_y-_hw_motor_y" 3 "Y" colorname = # 00a5ff color = # 4bb725
    expr "z = _selected_gcode_z-_hw_motor_z" 3 "Z" colorname = # 00a5ff color = # 4bb725
    expr "a = _selected_gcode_a-_hw_motor_a" 3 "A" colorname = # 00a5ff color = # 4bb725

The _Selected_gcode_ variables of each axis indicate the distance to be reached in relation to the machine (and motor) origin, taking into account the program origin offset. And this when the line of the ISO code is selected, but unfortunately only with a mouse selection.
    Just subtract the variable _hw_motor_? to obtain the remaining distance to be traveled. It works in my use case anyway.

On the other hand, the _selected_gcode_ variables of each axis are only updated with a mouse selection and not by the selection made during the machining cycle. We can observe this phenomenon in the GCode tab of the positions.

I also noticed that the _selected_gcode_line variable evolves well during the machining cycle.
    Would it be possible to achieve the same behavior with the _selected_gcode_ variables of each axis?

Good week-end.
    Best regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Just my £0,03
    It is normal to indicate the remaining distance. Looks strange for me why the question raised. Have you seen any CNC control not displaying the remaining distance?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

This is not the case in TNG V2, the remaining distance does not seem to be implemented as standard in the software.
    But it doesn't take much for it to be. I hope the Planet CNC team will take this into account.

I may also be distorted by my experience on Industrial CNCs .

This little `` lack '' in no way detracts from the power and potential of this MK3 card and the TNG V2 software.
    I am delighted to have chosen it after having done a comparison of CNC software on the market for Home-made machines.

Besides and in a few months, I would buy a second MK3 for the construction of a metal lathe.

Best regards

Downloads
    Uploads

"Distance to target" is implemented in latest beta version. It should be published soon.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok,

That's great.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

I downloaded the latest version on 05/31/2021.
    As a first impression, I observed the following developments:
    - Good evolution of the tools table.
    - Fixed the bug of G41 and G42 radius correction inversion.
    - Beginning of consideration of the remaining distance.

1) Tool table:
    - The taking into account of the types of tools, their dimensions, the part materials and tools to carry out the calculations of cutting conditions and the forces as well as the taking into account of the limits of the machine is very appreciable.
    - Why is the Add button inactive?
    - Another question, can we provide a table of correctors for the tools? an X tool can use several H and D offsets (example for milling). With this table, we can only use the corrector of the same number as the tool.
    - In addition, will the software take into account the wear values ??on the tool correctors?

2) G41 and G42 radius correction:
    - I did some mock tests and everything looks okay. However, I have a check to do on a part because I have a link movement at the point of attack. Maybe it will be necessary to have a precise stop G09.

3) Remaining distance:
    - I assume that this distance is visible on the Operator tab and is written in blue.
    - Only the X address is calculated. But when Y and Z are moving, they correct the values ??of the X address.
    - I presume this is the beginning of the development of this function.

Thank you anyway. TNG continues to improve.

good looks

Downloads
    Uploads

1a - feed & speed - there is new page in settings "Machine Info" where you can set machine limitations.
    1b - "Add" button becomes enabled whey you choose tool number that does not exist.
    1c - G43 H can set offset from any tool. You can copy/paste tool to make copies of same tool (right click on tool list)

3 - "Distance to target" are blue on Operator tab. It is displayed on X only but it shows distance to target in XYZ space.

Downloads
    Uploads

OK,

Thank you for the clarification.
    What will be the use of the parameters tab in the tool table?
    You did not answer on the taking into account of correction of wear on the lengths and Ø of the tools.

I would like to define the remaining distance per axis. For this I will create an additional State tab. On the other hand, the variables _selected_gcode_x to _selected_gcode_W are not updated during the course of a program but only when the line is manually selected with the mouse. the _selected_gcode_line variable updates correctly during the cycle. Would it be possible for you to update these variables like _selected_gcode_line while the programs are running?

Best regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Parameters tab is used for speed/feed calculations and for compatibility with CAMs. I use SolidCAM and this way I can have same tooltable for all.
    Tool wear compensation is not implemented.
    Because of blending algorithm "remaining distance per axis" will never show expected number and it might be confusing.
    "_selected_gcode_" parameters are meant for "Start from selected line" and similar scripts. They must not be changed unless uses selects different line.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

I'm not asking that the "_selected_gcode_" variables be open for writing, read-only would be fine for me.
    They would only be used to calculate a distance. The _selected_gcode_line variable is updated correctly during the running of the program, it should not be complicated to perform the same type of update on the other "_selected_gcode_" variables.
    What do you think?

Downloads
    Uploads

What you want is already implemented in "_hw_dist" paremeters:

param: _hw_dist_xyz 3 "DistanceToGo XYZ (R)"
    param: _hw_dist_abc 3 "DistanceToGo ABC (R)"
    param: _hw_dist_uvw 3 "DistanceToGo UVW (R)"
    param: _hw_dist_x 3 "DistanceToGo X (R)"
    param: _hw_dist_y 3 "DistanceToGo Y (R)"
    param: _hw_dist_z 3 "DistanceToGo Z (R)"
    param: _hw_dist_a 3 "DistanceToGo A (R)"
    param: _hw_dist_b 3 "DistanceToGo B (R)"
    param: _hw_dist_c 3 "DistanceToGo C (R)"
    param: _hw_dist_u 3 "DistanceToGo U (R)"
    param: _hw_dist_v 3 "DistanceToGo V (R)"
    param: _hw_dist_w 3 "DistanceToGo W (R)"

Downloads
    Uploads

Great, I'll go try them out quickly.
    Do you have the updated list of available variables?
    The last list contained in the PlanetCNC_TNG_GCode.pdf file in my possession is from March 2020.

I noticed, since the last version, a different behavior of some buttons that I had added on the button bars.
    The buttons corresponding to the single step mode state as well as the reading state of the optional blocks are no longer activated when these functions are active. On the other hand, each click activates or deactivates the functions correctly.
    Could it be due to the last modification on the parameterization of these bars or on the name of the associated variables which were modified?

Best regards

Downloads
    Uploads

I just realized that parameters for individual axes were not published. I'll do this in next update in few days.

I'm not sure what different behavior are you describing.
    Perhaps this is related to nested subinterpreters? This means that some commands are no longer blocked because they can be nested.

Downloads
    Uploads

For _HW_DIST variables I understand better, I tried and since it didn't work I was wondering what I was doing wrong. I'm waiting for the next release.

For the behavior of the 2 buttons, here is an example:
    On previous versions and for single step mode, I used this command in the BtnTop.txt file:
    cmd: "Machine.Override.Single_Step" "" image = "Icons / IMG_Singlestep_White.png" imagechange = "True" stroke = 1 color = # 0ffca0 updown = "_ hw_single_step == 1" updatefast = "true" tooltip = "Block to Block"

I had the button which activated and deactivated according to the value of the variable _hw_single_step, and consequently, the option Overrides / Single Step enabled or not.
    Since the installation of the 05/31/2021 version, this button always remains inactive whatever the value of the variable.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Remaining distance-single-step-enabled-png   Remaining distance-single-step-disabled-png  

Downloads
    Uploads

"_hw_single_step" was never a parameter so "updown" never worked. Button was correctly up/down because it used this functionality directly from "Machine.Override.Single_Step" command. Bacicaly it was like this:
    cmd: "Machine.Override.Single_Step" "" image = "Icons / IMG_Singlestep_White.png" imagechange = "True" stroke = 1 color = # 0ffca0 tooltip = "Block to Block"

In latest version up/down of command can be
    overridden. But because your updown override uses nonexistant parameter it does not work. Just remove "updown" and "updatefast" and it will work as before.

Up/down override for commands is useful for buttons like this:
    cmd: "Machine.Tools.Select" "T1" val=1 tooltip="$<_tool_name|1>" updown="_current_tool == 1"

Downloads
    Uploads

It works with the other button, but not with the single step function.

Here is the command used:
    cmd: "Machine.Override.Single_Step" "" image="Icons/IMG_Singlestep_White.png" imagechange="True" stroke=1 color=#0ffca0 tooltip="Block to Block"

Have you tried on your end?

Downloads
    Uploads

Huh, this is interesting.
    In your original button "updown" was not working BUT it was triggering "updatefast" anyway.
    Now that this bug is fixed "updatefast" is no longer triggered. Unfortunately whole button is not updated correctly. I'll fix this.

Downloads
    Uploads

OK, thanks. Until the next little bug :-).

Downloads
    Uploads

New version with this fix is uploaded.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast