Help with 3040 CNC and old CNC USB Software/Possible upgrade.

Thread: Help with 3040 CNC and old CNC USB Software/Possible upgrade.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help with 3040 CNC and old CNC USB Software/Possible upgrade.

I purchased a 3040 CNC from EBay. It came with what I think is an old trial version of the CNC USB software (ver 2.10.1208.601) which works (jogs and runs gcode), albeit is restricted to a 25 command run because it is the trial version. (I can provide the ebay auction link if that helps)

I attempted to install and run the newest downloadable version of the CNC USB software, but because I couldn't find the port connections in the old software, I wasn't able to get it running. The software that came with the machine also came with a settings file. I tried importing this file into the new version but still no go.

I'm find with paying for the controller licence, but I'd want to know that worst case, the licence I buy would work with the older version of the software.

Looking for a bit of guidance on this as far as how to best proceed. Here's my preferred way of going forward, from most to least desired:

- Get the newest version of the software to communicate with the machine. My guess is it's a ports and pins issue, but I can't find in the old software what settings to use in the new.
    - Run with the old version of the software and a new controller licence. My issue with this is whatever bugs/issues may be in the older software version.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help with 3040 CNC and old CNC USB Software/Possible upgrade.

I should mention, this is the USB port version, so I couldn't get the mach 3 they sent to work either

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

Many users got tricked into buying these machines. Now, while machine itself is probably a pretty solid product, there is nowhere mentioned that controller used in a control box is a Chinese counterfeit of our product.

Link displays some examples of such Chinese counterfeits: Planet CNC • View topic - BEWARE - Chinese counterfeits
    Of course there are many versions of these boards so not all of them are listed.

Please know that we do not support these boards and therefore we cannot be responsible for any hardware or license malfunction.

These boards are based on our first Mk1 controller which is an obsolete and not supported item. Many of its hardware and software features are outdated and there is no software/firmware development for this product.
    These controllers have small buffer and weak processor, which reflects as bad machine performance. These counterfeit controllers many times change serial number(after firmware update) since hardware was cracked the wrong way. If your controller changes its serial number, this means that license will become invalid.

License that is included with such purchase is pirated and we do not allow it.

License that we provide should work with these controllers and serial number of your controller should remain stable.

You can purchase original controller and/or license in our web shop:
    PlanetCNC Shop

Here is a short tutorial on how to replace such clone controller with one of our original controllers:
    https://planet-cnc.com/replacing-chi...rv-controller/

With this and other controllers from PlanetCNC you can use our latest PlanetCNC TNG sw:
    https://planet-cnc.com/list-essentia...tng-tutorials/

At the end of the day we understand your struggle, you could not know what you are buying at the time.

Team PlanetCNC

Downloads
    Uploads

I have bought a 3040Z-dq from ChinaCNC without knowing any of the details of what came with it. I have not had any success in getting it run well. Planet CNC Motion Controller. SW 2.10.1208.601 (I am assuming that is pretty old?) Looking inside I see the board is actually a JP-382A
    Where on the Planet-CNC site do I find the new board MK3DRV?

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Had the same happen to me. Thanks to PlanetCNC for being so understanding and not only selling the board and software license, but also having a full PDF on how to do the replacement. My new board will be here Thursday, Thanks for everything PlanetCNC!!!