[TNGv2] Possible improvement to speed up homing

Thread: [TNGv2] Possible improvement to speed up homing

Downloads
    Uploads

Default [TNGv2] Possible improvement to speed up homing

The changes to the homing script are good in that it improves accuracy, I have my Speed set to 100mm/m and then slow set to 1mm/minute with all switch positions set to -0.5mm. They are very small micro switches. To home the 3 axis's the slow part of the homing takes about 1.5 minutes. This could be improved if there was an option to move a percentage of the slow movement at the fast movement speed. So after backing off to turn a limit switch back off you could move back in a big chunk of that distance at the fast speed before changing to the slow speed. My guess is you could safely move back 80% of the distance (with my switches anyway) at the fast speed. In my case this would cut the homing procedure down from 90 seconds to a bit under 20 seconds.

Cheers
    Simon

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: [TNGv2] Possible improvement to speed up homing

There is no reason to to home at speed 1mm/minute. Limit inputs react immediately. There is no delay between signal and controller stop/measurement.
    See this image. On the bottom is limit pin signal. Switch bouncing is clearly visible. On top are steps for X axis. You can see that after limit switch is triggered there are no more steps.
    [TNGv2] Possible improvement to speed up homing-limit-pin-jpg

So only reason for slow speed is to reduce error due to machine mechanics. And I'm sure that all CNCs can handle speeds higher that 1mm/min.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [TNGv2] Possible improvement to speed up homing-limit-pin-jpg