3040t cnc issue

Thread: 3040t cnc issue

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up 3040t cnc issue

hi all,
    i have a issue with my chinese 3040t machine which i hope someone can help with.
    the issue i have is that when i am cutting a project and the cnc makes the first cut, then moves across the work piece to cut the next shape the cutting bit does not raise all of the time creating a straight cut between shapes. i am hoping this is something i can tweek in the settings, any advice would be a big help.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 3040t cnc issue

Have you defined "safe height" within your CAM program, prior to generating your toolpath (gcode)?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 3040t cnc issue

This is usually something that's called out in the G-code. Are you seeing a command to raise the spindle to a certain height before traversing to the next cut? If it's not there at all, then you probably need to go into the post-processor and add a retract height. If it's there but not high enough, you need to change it. But if it's there and should be high enough, it might be that your Z axis is losing steps on the retract. This could be a mechanical or an electronic issue. Try commanding some Z moves and then check to see if it returns accurately to the zero point. If not, then try narrowing it down by changing the Z axis cables with another axis, and see if the fault goes away or migrates to the other axis. This would indicate a bad driver or wiring. If the fault stays with the Z axis, then look for a mechanical issue, like slipping couplers or sticky slides.

Andrew Werby
    https://computersculpture.com/