3040t cnc issue

Thread: 3040t cnc issue

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up 3040t cnc issue

hi all,
    i have a issue with my chinese 3040t machine which i hope someone can help with.
    the issue i have is that when i am cutting a project and the cnc makes the first cut, then moves across the work piece to cut the next shape the cutting bit does not raise all of the time creating a straight cut between shapes. i am hoping this is something i can tweek in the settings, any advice would be a big help.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 3040t cnc issue

Have you defined "safe height" within your CAM program, prior to generating your toolpath (gcode)?

Downloads
    Uploads

This is usually something that's called out in the G-code. Are you seeing a command to raise the spindle to a certain height before traversing to the next cut? If it's not there at all, then you probably need to go into the post-processor and add a retract height. If it's there but not high enough, you need to change it. But if it's there and should be high enough, it might be that your Z axis is losing steps on the retract. This could be a mechanical or an electronic issue. Try commanding some Z moves and then check to see if it returns accurately to the zero point. If not, then try narrowing it down by changing the Z axis cables with another axis, and see if the fault goes away or migrates to the other axis. This would indicate a bad driver or wiring. If the fault stays with the Z axis, then look for a mechanical issue, like slipping couplers or sticky slides.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

hi

ok do you have a MPG so you can test each axis fully without the hassle of having to mess with programs, if not not worries just test using G code.

ok if your drives operate correctly without missing beats at your normal cutting speed.

theres a few things that could be a provblem...

your power supply does it have enough current to drive all the drives maximum current draw.

for ref. Nema23 4mp
    Nema 17 3.2 mp

therefore you need 10 to 12 amp power supply driving your steeper units
    if you dont have that output you really need it.#check the label on the side of the power supply.

ok say thats ok and up for the job.

next in the program slow the travel speed int he program - run the same program but slower to prove the system works at the slower rate ??

ok if its ok check the motor settings

you needd to adjust the motor accelation and steps to make sure your not skipping steps making your motor miss the faster movements.

the preset programs you find in the wizzard are ok for bigger machine but on the smaller hobby machine they can be too fast - i found that with my machine)

let me know how you go.

Chris