Setting help

Thread: Setting help

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Setting help

Just got a new mk3/4 board. I have tng installed on my computer, and it is running seemingly ok. There are a lot more options for settings with the new program, but I haven’t found stepper motor starting speed. The reason I am looking for it is because the steppers jolt quite a bit when jogging the machine, but only at the very start of motion. I have had to set acceleration pretty low because of it(50). It seems to be fine running a program except the initial start, where it jolts some, if I push accel over 50 it moves just a bit and then the motors stall. I’m using FMD2750c drivers, set to 1/10 Microstepping, have large 425oz Nema 23 motors, on a China 3040. I know it can handle much higher acceleration because the old China clone board and old cnc usb allowed it, I never pushed acceleration to motor stall before because 300 was fast enough I was worried about the machine breaking if I went higher.

I may be missing something else in the settings that would solve the problem, but it really seems like initial speed is way too high