Start From Selected Line - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Start From Selected Line

Downloads
    Uploads

I did not forget. I will try a new blank script. The current script, which you wrote will store the current position when i use start from selected line. So if i move the machine to change a tool it will just start the gcode from that new position. I dont have special requirements. I feel this is just something that is essential. I need the ability to control the start position in case of a problem during cutting. I will try and put an example together to hopefully better explain myself. Am i alone on this? Please other users, what do you do in these situations?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Start From Selected Line

Script posted on previous page adds functionality to traverse to selected line position on safe height. This feature is new in TNGv2 and was not possible before.
    By default machine still goes to correct position just not on safe height.

I believe we got it right.If you have example that does not work please send us g-code and your exported profile to email an I will examine it ASAP. This is truly essential feature and will have top priority.

Downloads
    Uploads

With TNG V2 I have not tried yet, but with the old CNCUSB I often had to interrupt the processing for various reasons and I have always successfully used the "Start from selected line" function. I hope it works well in TNG V2.

Last edited by mar_cone; 11-27-2019 at 04:09 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

I've been on vacation so im back now and ive had a chance to go back and experiment with the start from "selected line" command again. Ive downloaded and installed the 11-29 version and retested the "start from selected line" command.

It appears to have many issues still. I have all tool offsets and machine offsets at zero and the machine still travels to some location way outside of the limits. I must be missing something. Sooo frustrating, when this worked in the previous version. I would like a script written for me to remember the gcode position on stop, so once i stop the machine i can jog the machine to a location to replace a broken tool and then i return to that remembered position in the X and Y only at the safe z height. Then the script would propmpt the user to confirm the start. The machine would then plunge at a nice slow feedrate. Then continue in the cur.

Downloads
    Uploads

Please send me your profile (.zip), g-code and line number from where you want to start.

Whatever I try it works like it should. Perhaps there is something in your files.

Downloads
    Uploads

I just sent my files to the support email. Please understand that i was experimenting with a file that i previously used in the original TNG and it worked.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you. Your files helped me locate a bug. It was units related. I converted millimeters to inches incorrectly.
    New version will be released on Friday.

PS
    Nice UI customization.

Downloads
    Uploads

This is great news. In the mean time would you be able to help me with a custom script based on my previous posts?

Im not a programming expert so i do need some guidance.

Downloads
    Uploads

There is no need to remember last position. "Start from selected line" knows what is position of previous line.

Here is a script that will go to sale height (setting for measure tool length is used) and then go to position.
    Dialog will open where you can click cancel to abort or ok to continue with plunge down.

Code:
    (print,OnStart script @ Line: #<line,0>)
    (print,  PosState: X#<posstate_x,3>, Y#<posstate_y,3>, Z#<posstate_z,3>)
    O<chk> if [#<line>]
      (print,  MistState: #<miststate,0>)
      (print,  FloodState: #<floodstate,0>)
      (print,  SpindleState: #<spindlestate,0>)
      (print,  MotorsState: #<motorsstate,0>)
      (print,  LimitsState: #<limitsstate,0>)

G53 G00 Z#<_tooloff_safeheight>
      G53 G00 X#<posstate_x> Y#<posstate_y> 

G09
      (dlgname,Start From Selected Line)
      (dlg,Clock OK to continue, typ=label, color=0xffa500)
      (dlgshow)

G53 G00 Z#<posstate_z>
    O<chk> endif

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi PlanetCNC. I've had a chance to play around with the new software and I ran into a new problem related to the Machine.Start command. It appears that the button I made no longer works. I see that you changed the machine menu and renamed a few things to "Start" as well. I believe this is creating a conflict. If I click from the machine.start menu, it starts the gcode from the first line as expected. But he Start button that I created that used to work in the previous version appears to not work properly. Has this changed? If so how do I set up my custom button.
    Start From Selected Line-start-pngStart From Selected Line-button-right-png

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Start From Selected Line-button-right-png   Start From Selected Line-start-png  

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, I screw this up. What was I thinking? Two commands with same name?
    I'll fix this for next release next Thursday, Yes Thursday because I don't want to have a release on Friday 13th.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12