TNG Progress - Page 6

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: TNG Progress

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: TNG Progress

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but I'm experiencing some troubles with tool offset lenght.
    1) home machine
    2) work offset to 0
    3) tool offset to 0
    4) Tool offset enabled to 0
    5) Start new tool offset measure
    Result: The "tool z offset" parameter get updated correctly but "tool offset status" remain 0/disabled
    If you manually check the enable status of tool offset, the tool offset z is set to zero and you must restart the measure procedure.

I resolved this behaviour editing the default measure tool script and putting a G43 more or less at the starting of the script.

Downloads
    Uploads

M73 restores modal state. If tool offset was not active before measuring then it will remain inactive. To activate it correctly call G43.1.
    I will update tool measure script in next release scheduled for Friday to use M70/M72 instead of M73 and activate offset again with G43.1 after M72.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetCNC View Post
    M73 restores modal state. If tool offset was not active before measuring then it will remain inactive. To activate it correctly call G43.1.
    I will update tool measure script in next release scheduled for Friday to use M70/M72 instead of M73 and activate offset again with G43.1 after M72.
    Ok, thank you, this is a good explanation. but your default script alredy ends with this sequence:

G43.1
    M2

and the docs on M73 (Store and autorestore) says:

"[...] If program ends with M2, M30 or % modal state will not be restored"

But, as stated before, the modal state get restored (ignoring M2) and so G43.1 is discarded...

So, please double check the doc and/or the implementation of M73 because something is wrong.
    At the moment, enable tool offset with g43 or g43.1 at the start of the scripts seems to me an effective solution.

Bye
    MrBlue

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice catch.
    Modal state store/restore used to work only in subprocedures and M73 autorestore worked only on "endsub".
    State store/restore now works regardless of subprocedures and if state is stored in "main" level it is also restored on program end. This can be very useful.

Default script uses M43.1 at the end which is correct. Incorrect is that it uses M73. It should use M72 and M70 just before second G43.1 line.
    I already fixed it for next release. Now I will also fix documentation for M70 codes.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetCNC View Post
    Nice catch.
    Modal state store/restore used to work only in subprocedures and M73 autorestore worked only on "endsub".
    State store/restore now works regardless of subprocedures and if state is stored in "main" level it is also restored on program end. This can be very useful.

Default script uses M43.1 at the end which is correct. Incorrect is that it uses M73. It should use M72 and M70 just before second G43.1 line.
    I already fixed it for next release. Now I will also fix documentation for M70 codes.
    Perfect! Thank you. Looking forward for next release soon
    Bye

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456