Cncusb fusion 360 4axis post processor problems.

Thread: Cncusb fusion 360 4axis post processor problems.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cncusb fusion 360 4axis post processor problems.

Ok so I was having problems with post processor and found a post processor file for planetcnc on this forum somewhere. I installed it and it kind of works. Now I can get past the error phase and it actually generates code. My problem is it's not generating the code I need. My Cnc router is a 6040 4axis Cnc.

For example:

I have a simple shape that I have made that I want to cut from stock using my 4th axis. Pretty simple. Chamfer end, cut it down to same size down the length then kind of a chamfer on the step up part.

I can get it done in the fusion 360 end of it all. And when I do the simulation I get exactly what I want with the tool acting exactly like I want it to.

But then I send it to post processor, and what comes out the other end seems correct till I try to run it. Then it just messes up. Instead of the tool staying at the top of the part, and the part turning, the part stays stationary and the tool moves. But not only does it move but it cuts through the top of the part to get to the bottom.

Then it will move on to the next section and move the part like it's supposed to but the tool still moves and cuts through the top to get to the bottom half.

I'm guessing it's because the post processor I have was made for planetcnc and not for cncusb.

Does anyone know where I can get a post processor file that was written for cncusb, for fusion 360, that works with a 6040 4axis Cnc router?

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cncusb fusion 360 4axis post processor problems.

Please post your problem to: support@planet-cnc.com
    This could be longer discussion and is not suitable for forum.

Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone else have any ideas. Planet cnc responded and without even asking assumed I was using a counterfeit and blew me off. Basically they are saying it is the post processor file, but won't help me. I hate companies that won't back up their own product.

The problem lies before it even gets to the controller and even if I had no machine hooked up the gcode produced is wrong.

So does anyone have a working post processor file that goes to a 4axis running an mk1 controller.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cammel8 View Post
    Anyone else have any ideas. Planet cnc responded and without even asking assumed I was using a counterfeit and blew me off. Basically they are saying it is the post processor file, but won't help me. I hate companies that won't back up their own product.....
    They did ask the question about the counterfeit controller in your other thread about software limits but you did not answer on this forum.
    So did you buy your MK1 (long obsolete) from Planet-CNC or a partner company or not? If you did, they should help. If not, you should not complain. Planet-CNC is not a charity.

Puzzle, Finger Joint, Maze and Guilloche freeware at https://fabrikisto.com/tailmaker-software/

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cncusb fusion 360 4axis post processor problems.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryBurks View Post
    They did ask the question about the counterfeit controller in your other thread about software limits but you did not answer on this forum.
    So did you buy your MK1 (long obsolete) from Planet-CNC or a partner company or not? If you did, they should help. If not, you should not complain. Planet-CNC is not a charity.
    Your absolutely correct. They aren't a charity, but like you said I never answered either. It's not a counterfeit but it's also not one I bought from them. The guy that built it for me got it off eBay. And I understand it being obsolete, but they automatically assume it's counterfeit and blew me off. That was very rude of them. My plan was to try to get this one to work before sinking my money into another board. But since I see how their customer support is I'm definitely not going to replace this one with one of their newer boards. If I have to get something else I will buy it from anyone but them. And when anyone asks, I'll tell them the same. That was extremely rude and very distasteful on their part.

Last edited by cammel8; 01-16-2019 at 11:37 PM.