Compensate for more backlash in the middle of the screw on an old mill

Thread: Compensate for more backlash in the middle of the screw on an old mill

Question Compensate for more backlash in the middle of the screw on an old mill

Hello I have converted an old mill, probably 50 years old or so, to a CNC-mill. The problem is that the backlash is way more in the middle of the screw that moves the table than at the ends because it has been more used in the middle. It is about .5 mm more in the middle. Is there a way to enter different values for the backlash in the software or can I only insert one? Or is there another way to go around this problem? If the answer is no I think this would be a great upgrade for coming versions of the software because I think this is a common problem when people convert old machines to CNC.

best regards: Flyingpickles

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Compensate for more backlash in the middle of the screw on an old mill

Area where you measured your backlash should be area that you intend to use.
    You could use the same backlash value somewhere else over machine table but machine will not be as so accurate there. This would be very difficult to implement.

Default Re: Compensate for more backlash in the middle of the screw on an old mill

Hello. Yes I totaly agree but the thing is that I have to use all of the X range. I dont think it would be so difficult to make. Just ad a section in the program where you can specify how long the distances of the axis dividing should be. For example 50 mm. Then you mesure the backlash for 0. 50. 100. 150 and so on. The program could then calculate the missing values. For example if the backlash is 12 in X50 and 14 in X100 it would probably be around 13 in X75. For me this feature would be absolutley great!

Best regards Flyingpickles

Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk