More TNG customization

Thread: More TNG customization

Downloads
    Uploads

Default More TNG customization

I've been able to further test the software now and I have more questions.

1. How do I set up tool positions if I were to setup an ATC machine? I don't see anywhere to configure all the necessary tool change commands. I might be just overlooking this.
    2. When I press the stop button,the outputs such as most, flood, and spindle remain on. Can I configure the stop command?
    3. How do I configure the machine movement for exact stop?

Please help.

Fred

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: More TNG customization

1. You can create script with tool positions and tool change logic. Or, if your tool change procedure is complex, you can create script for each tool. Then you simply call this from M6 script.
    This way there are no limitations on ATC type and even most complex ATCs can be used.

2. Normal "stop" is not considered emergency and outputs remain as they were. Only EStop turns them off. However we plan to implement _Stop.gcode script and you will be able to turn outputs off in there.

3. Exact stop is G61. Alternatively you can set "Blend Tolerance" to zero and effect will be the same.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetCNC View Post
    1. You can create script with tool positions and tool change logic. Or, if your tool change procedure is complex, you can create script for each tool. Then you simply call this from M6 script.
    This way there are no limitations on ATC type and even most complex ATCs can be used.

2. Normal "stop" is not considered emergency and outputs remain as they were. Only EStop turns them off. However we plan to implement _Stop.gcode script and you will be able to turn outputs off in there.

3. Exact stop is G61. Alternatively you can set "Blend Tolerance" to zero and effect will be the same.
    Ok thanks. I'll look into the M6 script.