TNG customization

Thread: TNG customization

Downloads
    Uploads

Default TNG customization

I downloaded the most recent version of the Planet CNC for evaluation (2018.04.04). I am very interested in this new software and MK3 controller. I'm coming from Mach 3 then to UCCNC. I love the look and feel of the software and wanted to experiment with the customization of adding tabs and buttons. However, so far I'm unable to add any buttons or tabs. I've followed the instruction on Planet CNC's blog with no success. Has anyone had any luck customizing the software? Creating the necessary files and placing them in the right location is confusing to me. Maybe I missing something. Maybe someone has some custom buttons and tabs they would like to share?Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.Fred

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: TNG customization

Latest version uses "Profiles" and customization is slightly different. All customization files should be in profile folder. Names are also different. For example "PlanetCNC64.btntop" should be named "BtnTop.txt", "PlanetCNC64.state1" should be named "State1.txt"...
    All tutorials will be fixed in few days. Sorry for confusion.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetCNC View Post
    Latest version uses "Profiles" and customization is slightly different. All customization files should be in profile folder. Names are also different. For example "PlanetCNC64.btntop" should be named "BtnTop.txt", "PlanetCNC64.state1" should be named "State1.txt"...
    All tutorials will be fixed in few days. Sorry for confusion.

Thank you very much. I'll give it a try tonight.
    Do you know if there is the ability to edit the "start from here sequence? I would like to incorporate a safe z movement.
    Also, do I have the ability to edit the default buttons?
    For example, I'd like to move the start, stop, and pause buttons over to the right side.

Thanks,

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by yar20 View Post
    Thank you very much. I'll give it a try tonight.
    Do you know if there is the ability to edit the "start from here sequence? I would like to incorporate a safe z movement.
    Also, do I have the ability to edit the default buttons?
    For example, I'd like to move the start, stop, and pause buttons over to the right side.

Thanks,
    Got it! Any suggestion for my other questions?

Fred

Downloads
    Uploads

"Start" script will be available in next version.
    Currently it is not possible to change default buttons.

Downloads
    Uploads

"Start" script will be available in next version.
    Currently it is not possible to change default buttons.
    I like what I see so far. I'm able to customize the software to look and function like I want. I'm Very impressed with the cleanliness of the UI. I'm considering Planet CNC for my current machine. Do you have a list of the future features that you are planning to include? Would be nice to know where this software is going before I switch from my current controller.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Fred

Downloads
    Uploads

Our goal is to make software fully customizable with every feature scriptable so that most advanced machines can be fully supported.
    We also want to support as many different g-codes as possible and be compatible with major existing postprocesors.

Our software runs on Windows, Linux and Raspbian/RaspberryPi (https://www.facebook.com/planetcnc/).

Our controllers are are used for printing houses (BetAbram™ 3D House Printers) and bioprinters (IRNAS :: Vitaprint).
    Our interest is also in other non-conventional machines.

It goes without saying that all motion must be perfect and that machine must obey physical laws and limitations.

Downloads
    Uploads

Our goal is to make software fully customizable with every feature scriptable so that most advanced machines can be fully supported.
    We also want to support as many different g-codes as possible and be compatible with major existing postprocesors.

Our software runs on Windows, Linux and Raspbian/RaspberryPi (https://www.facebook.com/planetcnc/).

Our controllers are are used for printing houses (BetAbram™ 3D House Printers) and bioprinters (IRNAS :: Vitaprint).
    Our interest is also in other non-conventional machines.

It goes without saying that all motion must be perfect and that machine must obey physical laws and limitations.
    Awesome, I'm really excited for what's to come. What programming languages will be supported for scripting?
    What are the release dates for new features?

Just trying to get a feel for how long I would have to wait.
    I waited over a year for cutter compensation to be released in another software and it still isn't right.

Fred

Downloads
    Uploads

Well, in latest version of TNG cutter compensation is disabled. I was not working right. Well, it was working according to LinuxCNC specification but it was mostly useless. This is one of our top most priorities.
    I will not make any time commitments. We are very small company. Our goal is to make best product possible but some things take time.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well, in latest version of TNG cutter compensation is disabled. I was not working right. Well, it was working according to LinuxCNC specification but it was mostly useless. This is one of our top most priorities.
    I will not make any time commitments. We are very small company. Our goal is to make best product possible but some things take time.
    I didn't want to hear that . I was looking forward to testing out the cutter comp this weekend. Is it possible that I can get my hands on the latest version with the cutter comp enabled?

Downloads
    Uploads

TNG version 2017.10.30 is still available to download on our web page.

Downloads
    Uploads

TNG version 2017.10.30 is still available to download on our web page.
    Is cutter comp the only difference between them?