On screen jog randomly not working

Thread: On screen jog randomly not working

Downloads
    Uploads

Angry On screen jog randomly not working

Software: CNC USB Controller v2.10.1710.2601

Sometimes in the software the on screen jog buttons quit working. Usually it is only one direction on one axis - today when it happened it was -X, +X/+Y/-Y/+Z/-Z all still worked. Occasionally it will be more than more than one, and sometimes none of the jog buttons will work.

MDI still works just fine for moving in the problem direction on the problem axis. Today when I couldn't jog -X, I could still use MDI and command G0 X-0.5 and have it move in the -X direction.

Sometimes rebooting and restarting the software fixes the issue, and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes homing the machine fixes the issue, and sometimes it doesn't.

Anyone have any idea what is going on here?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: On screen jog randomly not working

Quote Originally Posted by aborgman View Post
    Software: CNC USB Controller v2.10.1710.2601

Sometimes in the software the on screen jog buttons quit working. Usually it is only one direction on one axis - today when it happened it was -X, +X/+Y/-Y/+Z/-Z all still worked. Occasionally it will be more than more than one, and sometimes none of the jog buttons will work.

MDI still works just fine for moving in the problem direction on the problem axis. Today when I couldn't jog -X, I could still use MDI and command G0 X-0.5 and have it move in the -X direction.

Sometimes rebooting and restarting the software fixes the issue, and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes homing the machine fixes the issue, and sometimes it doesn't.

Anyone have any idea what is going on here?

Problem solved.

This was caused by an active probe input.

Probe input is normally closed, so when no probe was attached the input was active.

Why the probe input being active would cause one (and only one, but not always the same one) of the on screen jog buttons to be intermittently inactive - but have no effect on MDI or running Gcode - I have zero idea.

Downloads
    Uploads

When jogging controller monitors probe inputs and stops if input is triggered. This way you can use movable sensor to get part position. Place sensor to part and jog into it. Machine will stop and you can set work offsets.

Downloads
    Uploads

Makes sense... but it would only disable jog in 1 of 6 directions. I'm guessing whatever it thought was the last direction moved.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, direction of last movement before probe trigger is not possible.