PhotoVCarve! - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: PhotoVCarve!

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tercero View Post
    Thanks Tony.

I understand what you're trying to say. I'm just saying that if I wanted to pay for all that you've described, I'd probably be using this for a full time business, and I'd probably invest in ArtCam.
    Vectric seems to be aimed more at the Hobby user. And as a hobby user, I can't justify spending that much on software, after spending X amount on building a cnc router.
    I'm not arguing the point that it's not a great package. Don't get me wrong. I think it's very robust (from what I've seen in the forums, posts pics, etc), but I really believe if you wanted to hit your target user and up your sales, you'd half the price.
    I don't know. It worked for me, but everyones business model is different.

Thanks again,

Luck,

Tercero
    I to only do this as a hobby, I have a full time job and I don't want another. But, at the same time when people I don't know approach me and ask if I would make something special for them...i don't mind charging a few bucks.
    Vcarve Pro and Photo VCarve have been paid for for sometime now...it only took a few orders to show a profit in my investment. And I don't charge very much for my work...like I said...it's a hobby, I'm not out to get rich.
    It was a wise investment...that a hobby cutting guy like myself is very pleased with. I have never purchased a piece of software and received this type of support...that in itself is worth the price IMO.

Chuck

Aspire, VCPro, PhotoVCarve, Cut3D, Mach3, Home built CnC.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

For those having trouble finding Corian scrap, I bought eight pcs. of 1/4" Corian from this ebay web site:

http://myworld.ebay.com/sanjac1620/

I won the bid for about $31, including shipping. Not free, but reasonable price, considering the value of the finished product.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bsimages View Post
    Nice Jay,
    As I understand it, if your varnish your wood first then cut it and stain it the stain is only applied to the cut areas. I think this would work nicely on your first one. My CNC machine is down at the moment, so I can only play with PhotoVCarve and imagine what might work...
    Bill
    Is this how they get those "black lines". I was trying to figure that out. I'm going to try out the carve product today or tomorrow, but was definitely looking at the photovcarve.

-Matt

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Matt,

The key to the PhotoVCarve process is to have contrast between the surface and the machined grooves.

The best way to achieve this is to varnish / seal the top surface of your wood.

Machine the grooves

Apply a dark stain and wipe / sand off the excess

Machining 3D Lithophanes with PhotoVCarve is a very different approach, and there's a tutorial on this off the web site.

Let us know if you have any questions,

Tony

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is the Photo i cut into Corian (8.5"x11" White) using the Photo-Carve, I could not believe how It came alive, and the cuts were great in Corian.

I cut the file, then blow out the Corian dust from groves using compressor, then just use plain old fast drying Flat Black paint i had sitting around. Then used sand paper sounge to sand the surface back down to the white Corian, took over to the sink rinsed off, and wiped dry. And you see the results, when you start looking you can see details in the picture, Even lettering on the Boy's shirt. The preview in the software looks good, but the finished product is even better.

The whole proccess works best when having a nice material to start with.

60deg. V-bit, 20ipm, took 56 mins

1st picture is after cut and corian dust blown off.
    2nd picture is finished product.

Joe

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PhotoVCarve!-corian-cut-jpg   PhotoVCarve!-corian-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Awesome results Joe. The entire Vcarve collection is great to use. How'd you have time to cut the picture with all the kits your making? One word of advice- once you start cutting the PhotoVcarve and lithophane projects you get an addiction and want to do more. With the results like you have here, I'm sure the addiction has already started.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dman View Post
    Awesome results Joe. The entire Vcarve collection is great to use. How'd you have time to cut the picture with all the kits your making? One word of advice- once you start cutting the PhotoVcarve and lithophane projects you get an addiction and want to do more. With the results like you have here, I'm sure the addiction has already started.

Yea I really like it, now i need to figure out how to make some money to pay for the software and a little pocket change.

Sometimes when you spend alot of time for others (kits) you need to take a little for yourself. The Kits do take a while to cut, anyone who has made it themself can testify to that.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Show around that picture and I'm sure the $$ will be there for you. The orders will snowball for you just the way your router plans/kits have.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wow Joe, that pic in corian came out great.

Jason

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by joe2000che View Post
    Here is the Photo i cut into Corian (8.5"x11" White) using the Photo-Carve, I could not believe how It came alive, and the cuts were great in Corian.

I cut the file, then blow out the Corian dust from groves using compressor, then just use plain old fast drying Flat Black paint i had sitting around. Then used sand paper sounge to sand the surface back down to the white Corian, took over to the sink rinsed off, and wiped dry. And you see the results, when you start looking you can see details in the picture, Even lettering on the Boy's shirt. The preview in the software looks good, but the finished product is even better.

The whole proccess works best when having a nice material to start with.

60deg. V-bit, 20ipm, took 56 mins

1st picture is after cut and corian dust blown off.
    2nd picture is finished product.

Joe

Wow, That came out great Joe.

Robbie

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Lasting Memorial

Pete Peterson used PhotoVCarve to engrave this memorial for
    his son who lost his Dobie last year.

A permanent picture that will be treasured by the family.

Pete said it's hard to take a picture that represents how nice this
    piece actually looks.

Tony

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PhotoVCarve!-dobie-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default ?

Im new to the CNC world, and stumbled across the PhotoVCarve software... wondering if you need a postprocessor? or is this an all in one deal...? forgive me if this seems to be an ingnorant question - really a newbie

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jzello View Post
    Im new to the CNC world, and stumbled across the PhotoVCarve software... wondering if you need a postprocessor? or is this an all in one deal...? forgive me if this seems to be an ingnorant question - really a newbie
    Hi Jzello and Welcome.
    PhotoVCarve has its own post processors to suit common controller software and it can be altered to suit personal requirements.
    I suggest you download the trial version and cut on or 2 of the examples included with it. This will ensure it is compatible with your machine before you buy.

Cheers
    Peter

The ingenuity of idiots is unlimited.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/cncnutz

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567