Need Help! TEXT SIZE NOT CONSISTANT

Thread: TEXT SIZE NOT CONSISTANT

Downloads
    Uploads

Default TEXT SIZE NOT CONSISTANT

VECTRIC VCARVEPRO V12.7
    I'm using ARIAL and set text height to 6.0" and BOLD. Everything is typed at these settings.
    After typing all the text I convert it to VECTORS to be able to reposition the text .
    I'm making some signs and I find that I'm getting up to 0.2578" difference in height of the letters "S " and "L " on 6" high text as well as others letters having a variation in height.I

What am I doing wrong to get such a variation in the text height?
    Or do I need to set the height of each letter one by one manually after converting to vectors? Or is there a way to change the heights easier?

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Mr.Chips; 06-02-2024 at 11:51 AM. Reason: ADDITION

Default Re: TEXT SIZE NOT CONSISTANT

Round letters are always going to be larger than straight, if they weren't they would look smaller than the straight letters it's a visual thing

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: TEXT SIZE NOT CONSISTANT

I agree with olsonsigns...
    Curvature at top and bottom of letters needs to be larger than the font size to appear proportionally the same.
    Same goes with letter spacing, certain letters require different gaps to appear correct (& not get lost within the word ie letter I)

Suggest you work in fonts to manipulate (position, size, effects etc) before converting to lines & arcs for final processing