Error during VCarve

Thread: Error during VCarve

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Error during VCarve

I am trying to do a VCarve of some Japanese symbols. During the clearing operation with a 1/8" bit, I am receiving an error from the Controller software (Compass). GCode and image of the error is attached. Code error is on line 2525 of file.

Error during VCarve-samauri-error-png

Thanks in advance - Shawn

Similar Threads:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Error during VCarve

Quote Originally Posted by szavoda View Post
    I am trying to do a VCarve of some Japanese symbols. During the clearing operation with a 1/8" bit, I am receiving an error from the Controller software (Compass). GCode and image of the error is attached. Code error is on line 2525 of file.

Error during VCarve-samauri-error-png

Thanks in advance - Shawn
    Its most likely an I / J that is not happy with, the code itself is very basic, why use Compass, can you not use a regular control in place of Compass

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

That is the software that Camaster is bundling with their new Yaskawa servos. Not sure if another controller is going to work easily with them. Not thrilled with it for sure. I have already had one bug I found....

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by szavoda View Post
    That is the software that Camaster is bundling with their new Yaskawa servos. Not sure if another controller is going to work easily with them. Not thrilled with it for sure. I have already had one bug I found....
    Yaskawa Servos can work with any control you want to use, can you do some photos of the Drives being used this may indicate how they are controlling them

This should be a last choice for choice of control any manufacture should use

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

It is hard to get to the drives to take a picture as they are all covered up with sheet metal, but I will see what I can do. When I had looked at them before (had to swap one out), there was nothing visually interesting to me, but who knows.

In the mean time, support for Camaster found that if they slowed the feed rate in half, the error went away. So, that got me going again....

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, the feed rates look high on the first operation but not too high for the second operation, what is the max feed rate for your machine that should give you a number you can work within

Max Rapid Feed rate is different to the Max Cut Feed Rate

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Max cut speed is 1500 ipm, and I often do full cuts of 3/4" ply with 3/8" compression bits at 650 ipm. Since it is the second tool that caused the issue (at 150 ipm), I am not sure what the real issue is, but hopefully Compass will be able to help figure it out.