Need Help! Inlay

Thread: Inlay

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Inlay

Hey Guys.,
    I need a little advise please. I'm trying an inlay. First, I have a next Wave Automation CNC Shark Pro. I'm using Vectric 8.5 program for software. I'm trying the inlay program and it looks easy enough, but as the old saying goes, looks can be deceiving. Okay, I watched the videos and ( I think ) followed instructions. I put in my design, using BMP, made my template, went back, flipped design, and made template. ect., ect. Cut out the pocket, then tried the inlay. I can watch the program run on the computer screen, but the cnc isn't moving, nor the router coming on. I have redrawn and reworked the program several times, making sure each time I did exactly as before. The only thing I can come up with, and this is where I need help, in the videos, they show cutting the pocket with a start depth of 0.0, and the flat depth at 0.2. Then the inlay has a start depth of 0.1, and a flat depth of 0.1. Seeing this I figured you want half and half, so my project is 0.3 deep on the pocket, and I made the inlay at 0.0938 and 0.0938start and flat. Could this be throwing the program off, or is it something else I am missing. I am NOT a computer guru by any means.. I am hoping someone on here has had this happen to them one time and you can set me straight on what I have overlooked or done wrong. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I feel it is something simple that I didn't do, and because the cnc worked on the pocket, I don't think a component burnt out inside the control box, it has to be something I am or am not doing. Anyway, if you can think of something I can try, or something with the program I may have left out, I would appreciate the suggestion or help.

Thanks guy's for helping an old man out of a jam,

Frank

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Inlay

There is a user forum at: CNC Shark Forum • Index page

Are you saying the machine does not move?

Do you think something has failed?

Go back to basics and test machine movement for simple linear movements then move onto more complex shapes.

Try their recommendations (depths etc) but set the Z axis clearance height so that you just do air cuts before material. IF this works, try your adjustments, again using air cuts and go from there.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi he1957, thanks for the response. Yes Sir, the machine did not move, the router did not start. The program was running on the computer screen, but nothing on the material. I did stop program, put in a different program that I was going to run next, and it worked fine. Cut as if it were brand new. This is why I think it must be something simple I did or did not do, instead of a component in the control box needing replaced. As a matter of fact, I used the same material ( board ) I was going to use for my inlay, so I didn't even jog or re- zero, just picked a program and started it, worked without a hitch or hiccup. I was thinking it could be the start and flat depth I put in, but I am not sure, since it seems to work on carving but trouble is on inlay( or male cutting )

Downloads
    Uploads

Check the header section of the working versus non-working files.

I'm not a Vectric user but perhaps there is some missing code? Post them here if you like.

(probably just the first 20-30 lines would be ok).

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you he1957, I checked what you told me to check. I then slowed down and reworked the entire program again. I found my mistake, MY being the key word. It was a simple, stupid mistake than I am totally embarrassed about, but now I will know what not to do, or, if in a hurry again, what to look for. I appreciate you helping me with this, and for the things to look for, I'm sure they will come in handy in the future, as I tend to do really stupid things all the time.

Thank you again, very much appreciated.

Frank