Buffer battery Maho MH 500 W

Thread: Buffer battery Maho MH 500 W

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everyone

I am new in this forum because I have the following problem: my Maho MH 500 W, an elderly model, continuously looses it’s machine constants.
    I have read that there is a buffer battery somewhere and the machine constants are saved in there.

Apparently its somewhere in the cabinet but I can’t find it. Can anybody help me to find that battery?

Many thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello

what controller does the machine has 432-9 or 432-10 ?

Regards
    Mtronik

Downloads
    Uploads

A small tube like the case of a cigars about 80-90 mm long or longer.. usually somewhere where you can see it but still oversee it.
    In there, when opening the head, could be 1-3 batteries,
    Never change them when the machine is switched off!!!
    Leave the machine on... the purpose if these things to buffer when there is no power available and to keep the brain intact. If you take it out when the machine is switched off then who supplies the brain?
    Other possibility: a button cell as big as a 50 cent piece in the central cabinet..Although that technology is younger.. maybe from the 1995?!?!?!... About that i would say...

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello mtronik
    A very good question. I can see in the electric circuit plan that it’s a 432/15. The version number is 6702 703/1... does that help? If not where do I find the number that you need?
    The machine is a MH 500 W4 Series 609.
    Best wishes and have a nice weekend

Downloads
    Uploads

Unfortunately I couldn’t find a cigar case....Nor a button cell.
    I am a bit scared unscrewing the cover as long as I don’t know what I need to get rid off..
    Many thanks for your help!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello
    You can find the battery in the power supply underneath the controller (aluminium-box at the bottom right)
    The power supply is adjusted with 2 Imbus screws. Unscrew the screws and then pull it out 2 mm forward.
    Now you can pull of the two flat plugs on the right side. However before you need to mark them as you should never mix them up.
    Afterwards you can pull of the white flat plug in the middle. Now you can pull out the power supply completely, the battery is situated in the back.
    6V 4AH

With you buy a new battery watch out for the + and the – because otherwise the voltage controller is ruined.

Regards
    Mtronik