Huanyang VFD RS485 / Modbus - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Huanyang VFD RS485 / Modbus

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Huanyang VFD RS485 / Modbus

I used one of the cheap RS232 to RS485 convertors on ebay.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Not to bring up a zombie thread. But hy_vfd is now maintained by linuxcnc. You do not need to download the source as the module is included.

It is important to understand that some pins have been renamed or removed from what has been discussed in this thread.

It has been documented in the Linuxcnc documentation for the changes.

It took me a few days to realize that and I found a lot of information except for the above. Also I had to use a lower baud rate {9600} and for PD165 I had to use 4 to connect.

With PD165 at 3, I could not connect with parity, issue -p none
    (parity none) if that happens to you using PD165 -3.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I can't believe it has been nearly 6 years since I started the thread. An I was truely surpirsed when I read that the module was now included in Linucnc. Thanks to those who continued to improve and remove the bugs.

My time playing with CNC is now returning after a time away from the hobby. Two different jobs, a new child and a move to Europe made for a busy time.

Thanks again to all.

Scott

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Success!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scotta View Post
    I have been banging my head against a brick wall with this for the last week or so, have done a lot of googling and learnt a hell of a lot about RS485 and modbus at the same time.

And a big lesson learned - don't beleive everything you read! Make you own measurements and checks.

Today was the turning point when I borrowed a USB osilloscope and actually started seeing the data transmission. And the simple solution - SWAP TWO WIRES!!!

The labelling of the RS- and RS+ terminals on the drive and the A and B terminals on the USB converter are not as expected.

Matching the potential of the terminals (relative to ground) was the key, ignoring the labelling. A [+5V] --> RS+ [+5V], B [0V] --> RS- [0V] and Ground -> ACM. The comms still work with the 120ohm termination resistor as well. And SpindleTalker also works as it is no longer receiving the 00 response (which was not coming out of the drive but the converter itself)

In the attached picture I see what appears to be a ground wire coming from the ACM terminal on the VFD, but can't tell if it goes to ground on your USB board? Does it? Zooming in I see your USB board has a ground pin. My USB board just has + and -, no ground. My motor comes on for a few seconds (5 - 20 seconds, longer at first then progressively shorter, as if somethings heating up.) then goes off. When it goes off I get Linuxcnc joint errors on my 3 axis, X, Y, Z. So I was thinking it was because I don't have a ground.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey guys i need help.
    Can u help me with my VFD configure? https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...1JueEZFZ1JaX2s link to my VFD ebook .

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tomala89 View Post
    Hey guys i need help.
    Can u help me with my VFD configure? .
    This a thread about VFD & Modbus, do you need help in this area?
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    This a thread about VFD & Modbus, do you need help in this area?
    Al.
    I have noticed that the VFD identified by tomala89 is slightly different from the typical Huanyang VFD.

Can u help me with my VFD configure? https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...1JueEZFZ1JaX2s link to my VFD ebook .

I happen to have this VFD and
    am very interested in learning how to connect a USB RS485 to this VFD.
    Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello to all of my esteemed users and, to begin with, I'm sorry to dig up the topic.
    I have an inverter hy01d523b and I have a problem with communication via modbus. For a long time, the communication worked properly, but the usb-rs485 converter was damaged in my computer for a long time. After installing the new controller, the communication did not work. I undestroyed the inverter and it turned out that two elements in the circuit responsible for communication are damaged, namely two resistors R57 and R77, unfortunately their value can not be read and I am asking the honorable group to provide a fairly accurate picture of the disc or application values ??of elements so that I can replace them and check if the inverter works properly.

Downloads
    Uploads

It's probably noth worth posting this (old), but I see 11ms intervals. I saw in the specification that we need at least 50ms pause between the packets.
    I'm missing the CRC16 checksum too in your capture.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567