Need Help : Putting power to ABB Inverter (ACX5500)

Thread: Need Help : Putting power to ABB Inverter (ACX5500)

Lightbulb Need Help : Putting power to ABB Inverter (ACX5500)

Hello,

This is my first post - my name is Blake from Redmond WA. I have always wanted a CNC machine, and finally purchased one over a year ago -- and have been getting my shop ready. I just got the sub-panel installed, and want to turn it on for the first time.

The machine was already wired up to an ABB ACX5500 inverter. I struggled to find much information on how to run power to it. I have attempted to use a 40amp double pole breaker and 6 gauge wire - it seems to be getting power -- but it does not turn on.

I made a youtube video - can somebody please take a look and tell me if I am just missing something obvious?

Thank you kindly in advance! I hope to become a regular member here after I can actually get this machine to turn on!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need Help : Putting power to ABB Inverter (ACX5500)

Quote Originally Posted by makeit_beautiful View Post
    Hello,

This is my first post - my name is Blake from Redmond WA. I have always wanted a CNC machine, and finally purchased one over a year ago -- and have been getting my shop ready. I just got the sub-panel installed, and want to turn it on for the first time.

The machine was already wired up to an ABB ACX5500 inverter. I struggled to find much information on how to run power to it. I have attempted to use a 40amp double pole breaker and 6 gauge wire - it seems to be getting power -- but it does not turn on.

I made a youtube video - can somebody please take a look and tell me if I am just missing something obvious?

Thank you kindly in advance! I hope to become a regular member here after I can actually get this machine to turn on!
    It seems ( 1 ) of the Hot wire does not have a connection You need the ( 2 ) Hot wires to be live do you have a meter that is the best way to find where the problem is from the 2 Pole Breaker to the disconnect you need 240v at the Cabinet disconnect then once turned on 240v to the VFD Drive R and S Terminals Plus Ground

Mactec54