Huanyang set up for 3ph band saw motor query

Thread: Huanyang set up for 3ph band saw motor query

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Huanyang set up for 3ph band saw motor query

Hi,

I have just bought a Startrite 502 bandsaw here in the UK. Its 3PH but I need it to run on single phase 220v. I've programmed a couple of inverters for 2.2kw spindles running at 400htz but after wiring up and programming the Huanyang its very underpowered so something is wrong. Prior to installing the vfd I changed the motor wiring from star to delta and when switched on rotates in the correct direction. I should in hindsite have factory reset the inverter when I got it as it says in the instructions but I will do now as I wish to start again with the programming.

My question is what are the Huanyang perameters to set for my motor or does anyone have a link to a similar set up?

The motor is stamped
    Kw : 1.5kw
    Rev/min :1420
    V: 220-240v/380-415
    Hz: 50
    A 6.4-6.8/3.7-3.9

Not sure if this is 2 or 4 pole!?

Huanyang set up for 3ph band saw motor query-img_20200709_184109-jpg

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by marbles; 07-11-2020 at 04:30 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Huanyang set up for 3ph band saw motor query

Quote Originally Posted by marbles View Post
    Hi,

I have just bought a Startrite 502 bandsaw here in the UK. Its 3PH but I need it to run on single phase 220v. I've programmed a couple of inverters for 2.2kw spindles running at 400htz but after wiring up and programming the Huanyang its very underpowered so something is wrong. Prior to installing the vfd I changed the motor wiring from star to delta and when switched on rotates in the correct direction. I should in hindsite have factory reset the inverter when I got it as it says in the instructions but I will do now as I wish to start again with the programming.

My question is what are the Huanyang perameters to set for my motor or does anyone have a link to a similar set up?

The motor is stamped
    Kw : 1.5kw
    Rev/min :1420
    V: 220-240v/380-415
    Hz: 50
    A 6.4-6.8/3.7-3.9

Not sure if this is 2 or 4 pole!?

Huanyang set up for 3ph band saw motor query-img_20200709_184109-jpg
    The 1420 RPM is saying it is 4 Pole, to run this motor it would be almost the default settings in your VFD, Drive Resets are not always a good Idea as not all the Parameters will reset to the defaults

You can just start out with all the main frequency Parameters at 50Hz then adjust up to the max of 100Hz for your motor, 100Hz will double the RPM of your motor you can go lower than 50Hz for the minimum speed also but just watch for over heating or add a electric fan to cool the motor at low speeds

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    The 1420 RPM is saying it is 4 Pole, to run this motor it would be almost the default settings in your VFD, Drive Resets are not always a good Idea as not all the Parameters will reset to the defaults

You can just start out with all the main frequency Parameters at 50Hz then adjust up to the max of 100Hz for your motor, 100Hz will double the RPM of your motor you can go lower than 50Hz for the minimum speed also but just watch for over heating or add a electric fan to cool the motor at low speeds
    Great info, thanks very much. I'll need to find the speed of the blade if I can find a manual for that saw.
    Of the top of my head I think its 1000rpm.
    I can put a digital rpm meter on it to find out but good to kknow you can change the speed by by increasing or decreasing the Hz