Mitsubishi FREQ-ROL Z320 3phase VFD -Can i supply it singlephase?

Thread: Mitsubishi FREQ-ROL Z320 3phase VFD -Can i supply it singlephase?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mitsubishi FREQ-ROL Z320 3phase VFD -Can i supply it singlephase?

I have a couple FREQ-ROL Z320 VFDs by Mitsubishi, that were given to me. One is 0.75KW and the other is 2HP
    I read that all VFD's are in fact able to accommodate this, as they take the incoming AC and store it in some capacitors before chopping it up for the new frequency.I understand they would not be able to handle the same power motor, as they would be derated.
    I'm planning to use this in a residence, and while I can pull 2 phase separate lives for 240, i have no 3 phase.
    Since none of the labels nor the online manual specifically talk about connecting only 2 phases, i wanted to ask here, in case someone has worked with these drive in the past
    SO,if it is possible, can anybody let me know the wiring for this? Is it just R and S to each live and nothing to the T?

Much appreciated
    Peter

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mitsubishi FREQ-ROL Z320 3phase VFD -Can i supply it singlephase?

Hi Peter
    I use a Hitachi 11kw vfd on 240 single phase and use it to power q 7.5 Hp Colombo spindle. I did not have to make any special wiring other than to take each leg of the 240 and attach it to 2 of the 3 phase inputs. Some VFD's will see that there is a missing phase and won't start. You will need to derate the max power that you can use it for by 33 percent. I have read that some VFS's itit is necessary to add a jumper from one phase input to the unused phase connection to fool the VFD into thinking that it has all three phases attached to its input. The config of the VFD is exactly the same as it would be if you had all three phases. I was told by Hatachi and have been using this VFD for 10 years without a hitch. I hope this helps you get things running.
    mghood

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by paddua View Post
    I have a couple FREQ-ROL Z320 VFDs by Mitsubishi, that were given to me. One is 0.75KW and the other is 2HP
    I read that all VFD's are in fact able to accommodate this, as they take the incoming AC and store it in some capacitors before chopping it up for the new frequency.I understand they would not be able to handle the same power motor, as they would be derated.
    I'm planning to use this in a residence, and while I can pull 2 phase separate lives for 240, i have no 3 phase.
    Since none of the labels nor the online manual specifically talk about connecting only 2 phases, i wanted to ask here, in case someone has worked with these drive in the past
    SO,if it is possible, can anybody let me know the wiring for this? Is it just R and S to each live and nothing to the T?

Much appreciated
    Peter
    Yes you can use NA 240v Single phase connection, some of these Mitsubishi Drives have a missing phase detection, R and S Terminal connection and Ground to the Ground Terminal must be connected, if it faults with a Phase missing Fault there is a simple way to solve that also, so try it first and yes nothing connected to T terminal unless it gets a phase missing fault

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MGHood View Post
    Hi Peter
    I use a Hitachi 11kw vfd on 240 single phase and use it to power q 7.5 Hp Colombo spindle.
    I used to retro fit CNC equipment using Mitsubishi controls etc, their VFD's are nice to use, the reason for the R-S input for single phase is that the feed for the LV supply for the VFD logic is taken off of the R&S inputs, this is in order for a feature that allows the control board to stay live when the main supply power is lost due to a major fault etc, this allows reading status or error codes when this condition or a E-stop conforming to NFPA79 occurs and all motive power is removed..
    The wiring option where it is fed separately is shown and explained in the manual.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.