Huangyang 2.2kw VFD pd177-180 Errors - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Huangyang 2.2kw VFD pd177-180 Errors

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Huangyang 2.2kw VFD pd177-180 Errors

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Yes the Pole setting does matter if it is a 4 pole then you need to set it as a 4 pole this is all related to your motor spec's which have to be input correctly

In your case your 50Hz motor can run up to 80Hz to 100Hz max which will increase the speed to lower the speed there is a minimum frequency Parameter to set you can set this to go as slow as your motor will allow you to without over heating, so will depend on the fan that cools the motor as to how slow you can run it, watch the Amps also when you slow it down as they will go up
    Ta muchly.…...would I be right in thinking a 2 pole motor is a 3,000 rpm design and a 4 pole is a 1500 rpm (in all cases?)....and a 6 pole.....I dunno….....about 950 rpm?………..all I know about one of the motors is that it is 1/3 HP 50 Hz, 3 phase and 3,000 rpm.....the other one, still in the box, is a 3/4 HP 3 phase 3,000 rpm.

As a matter of interest...…..how many poles does a 24,000 rpm 3 phase motor have.....what would be the HP?...…. or is that a special design (bearings, balance, water cooling etc) to get that speed?

Without the knowledge of a motor's specs in hand, but only the name plate specs on the motor, can I assume that if the VFD is set initially at 50 HZ and the P25 parameter for the pole setting is set at 2 poles......would I expect the motor to rev to 3,000 rpm, (as indicated on the name plate), if the unknown pole count setting is correct?......if the motor revved too high for the max of the VFD turn knob would I get the correct speed range by changing the P25 from 2 to 4 poles?
    Ian.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by justinwol View Post
    All I'm trying to do is learn how to properly setup the VFD and how the programming works on my particular VFD. If it is the same as everyone else's fine, but even you are saying it is working differently.

I genuinely thank you for voluntarily responding to my post. I'm not being sarcastic. Thank you.

However, you have not helped at all. All you have said is this:

1. Your keypad isn't working normally.
    2. Set PD003 to 400 Hz and leave it.

This is what has driven the whole thing. I literally can't leave PD003 at 400 Hz while controlling the speed of the spindle with the keypad. It changes as the spindle speed changes. As much as I would like to follow your advice and have tried, I can't on my VFD.

You then say my keypad is programmed differently with hidden functions. You have offered no insight or correction to it, just pasted a long list of hidden functions with no explanation and a statement that I'll never know what they mean. And you've left ominous warnings such as that I'm going to see "poof the magic dragon" and "enjoy it while lasts" - seriously how helpful is that?

As I've just stated, do you not realize I've done everything you've advised me to do? I'm not resisting your advice. Your advice just isn't doable on my VFD.

So I'm left to try to figure this out on my own. Only to realize that the VFD is operating exactly as the manual states it should be and PD003 is simply the keypad's value the VFD reads to set the output frequency, which is exactly how the keypad changes the speed of the motor. This is the answer to the question that you refuse to answer. I read the manual, I test things on the VFD and it all checks out.

What am I supposed to do at this point? I suppose just move on.
    Over 40 Posts for one Parameter

You have not even looked at or set some of the other main Parameters, how many posts would that take, I don't have that kind of time to waste

The manual you have is only related to a 50 Hz to 60Hz 3 Ph Ac motor not on how to program a 400Hz High speed spindle so a lot of the information is not related to the 400Hz spindle motor you are using

And " Poof the Magic Dragon ", if it appears for you please film it as lots of other people would love to see it, this is a fictional beast and has nothing to do with a VFD Drive, I was bored with your contradictory posts so put that in there but alas you took the bait and made something of it just as you have in the other 40 plus posts

Your spindle will run just fine as long as all the main Parameter's are set, that is why it is running fine now, that is why I say set and forget nothing more to it, if you want the best out of your spindle though then you have some work to do

The Hidden Parameters I posted is to make you aware that there is a lot more going on than what you see

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    Ta muchly.…...would I be right in thinking a 2 pole motor is a 3,000 rpm design and a 4 pole is a 1500 rpm (in all cases?)....and a 6 pole.....I dunno….....about 950 rpm?………..all I know about one of the motors is that it is 1/3 HP 50 Hz, 3 phase and 3,000 rpm.....the other one, still in the box, is a 3/4 HP 3 phase 3,000 rpm.

As a matter of interest...…..how many poles does a 24,000 rpm 3 phase motor have.....what would be the HP?...…. or is that a special design (bearings, balance, water cooling etc) to get that speed?

Without the knowledge of a motor's specs in hand, but only the name plate specs on the motor, can I assume that if the VFD is set initially at 50 HZ and the P25 parameter for the pole setting is set at 2 poles......would I expect the motor to rev to 3,000 rpm, (as indicated on the name plate), if the unknown pole count setting is correct?......if the motor revved too high for the max of the VFD turn knob would I get the correct speed range by changing the P25 from 2 to 4 poles?
    Ian.
    The Hp is easy to calculate by the known Motor Kw

The High speed spindles you mostly see are 2 Pole 400Hz 24,000 RPM and 2 Pole 300Hz 18,000RPM there are some 4Pole 800Hz 24,000 RPM or 4 Pole 400Hz 12,000 RPM

The Pole setting in most VFD Drive will be a default of 4Pole or may be worded as ( 2 Pole Pairs ) don't be confused by this, so for your 3000 RPM motor you would set it for 2 Pole or ( 1 Pole Pair )

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Great, I will sleep soundly with that knowledge....thanks for your time.

On the 2 motors I have the HP and Kw are stated on the name plate along with the rpm...... probably all I need to know for practical applications.
    Ian.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345