Mitsubishi Freqrol FR-SF on Single Phase? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mitsubishi Freqrol FR-SF on Single Phase?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mitsubishi Freqrol FR-SF on Single Phase?

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    I have built Rotary Phase convertors and they work fine. Your going to need about 50 amps on 240 volts to run a 15 Hp motor on single phase. Lot simpler that trying to run it off a VFD that was never intended to run on single phase input.

Correction 15 Hp motor here>851150.00 LEESON 15HP MOTOR C256K17FB1A

Draws 58 amp.... on 230 volts.
    He did not add the VFD it is factory built machine, your 15Hp would not come close to running his machines 30Hp Drive or the rest of the machine in general

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    He did not add the VFD it is factory built machine, your 15Hp would not come close to running his machines 30Hp Drive or the rest of the machine in general
    I do not understand your statement? Here is what he said: t's a 30HP (22kW) VFD, but only a 15HP (11kW) motor, and only 15HP for 30 minutes. 10HP (7.5kW) continuous, and I doubt I'll ever be taking 10HP cuts with it. I said that in the very first post.

I posted to show the amps draw of a single phase 15 Hp motor, which is 58 on 230 volts ?? He has a 30 Hp VFD drive not a 30 Hp motor.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    I do not understand your statement? Here is what he said: t's a 30HP (22kW) VFD, but only a 15HP (11kW) motor, and only 15HP for 30 minutes. 10HP (7.5kW) continuous, and I doubt I'll ever be taking 10HP cuts with it. I said that in the very first post.

I posted to show the amps draw of a single phase 15 Hp motor, which is 58 on 230 volts ?? He has a 30 Hp VFD drive not a 30 Hp motor.
    Yes but you have to look at what the manufactures machine electrical Spec requirements are, not what he is posting, they would not use a 30Hp 22Kw VFD if it did not require it, the machine is most likely 100A machine using 3Ph supply

If he has added the VFD Drive himself then that would be a different story, he is still not going to run it without a RPC of some kind that will have to be CNC rated for the whole machine, if you see the chart below most don't go below 10Hp for single phase use for a reason

what you just showed was what the motor amp needs are, going through a VFD Drive using single phase you add a minimum of 1/3 more which becomes a lot of amps so you would need a substantial system to be able to even consider running this

The whole confusion now is the 30Hp 22Kw VFD Drive this will not run unless it see's the right input power

I just had a look at his video and that's a 100A breaker that is in the machine I think this tells the whole story

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mitsubishi Freqrol FR-SF on Single Phase?-motor_hp_voltage_-to_-amp_-chart-pdf  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Well I am with you on this one a RPC would be the answer, not trying to run off a VFD not rated and not feasible for single phase.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12