VFD setup for H.S.D 6.8kw spindle

Thread: VFD setup for H.S.D 6.8kw spindle

Downloads
    Uploads

Default VFD setup for H.S.D 6.8kw spindle

I have aquired a few of these spindles and I would like to hook one of these up to my own CNC.

In order to do this I need a VFD for this, and I have got 2 different ones to try out.

I have a Control techniques Unidrive UNI2402 and a Hitachi WJ200-150HFE drive to play with.

I'm trying to test it out on the bench, with a speed potmeter attached, to the Hitachi drive, and it keeps going into overload.

I have set these paramters for now

A001 - 00
    A002 - 2
    A003 - 50Hz
    A004 - 400Hz
    A044 - 1
    A082 - 380v
    B012 - 16A
    H003 - 7,5kw (goes in speciel increments so 7,5kw was the closest)
    H004 - 2 poles

Am I missing something??

The Unidrive VFD was the one that was placd on the Biesse machine the spindles came of, I cannot get into controlling the speed manually with a Speedpot..

I have tried most anything already, and I'm looking for some serious help now.

So if anyone is really good at the one or the other, then please help me out.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: VFD setup for H.S.D 6.8kw spindle

Quote Originally Posted by IN-WondeR View Post
    I have aquired a few of these spindles and I would like to hook one of these up to my own CNC.

In order to do this I need a VFD for this, and I have got 2 different ones to try out.

I have a Control techniques Unidrive UNI2402 and a Hitachi WJ200-150HFE drive to play with.

I'm trying to test it out on the bench, with a speed potmeter attached, to the Hitachi drive, and it keeps going into overload.

I have set these paramters for now

A001 - 00
    A002 - 2
    A003 - 50Hz
    A004 - 400Hz
    A044 - 1
    A082 - 380v
    B012 - 16A
    H003 - 7,5kw (goes in speciel increments so 7,5kw was the closest)
    H004 - 2 poles

Am I missing something??

The Unidrive VFD was the one that was placd on the Biesse machine the spindles came of, I cannot get into controlling the speed manually with a Speedpot..

I have tried most anything already, and I'm looking for some serious help now.

So if anyone is really good at the one or the other, then please help me out.
    There would be nothing about your spindle that would be using 50Hz so you have something incorrect with that parameter, what are your motor spec's??

A003=400Hz at 50Hz you have a good chance of damaging your spindle

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    There would be nothing about your spindle that would be using 50Hz so you have something incorrect with that parameter, what are your motor spec's??

A003=400Hz at 50Hz you have a good chance of damaging your spindle
    A003 is the base frequency of the spindle, as I'm in the EU we run a 50 cycle electricity grid

Motor specs is as follow

Voltage: 380v
    Amp: 16A
    RPM @ 200Hz is 12000
    Max RPM @ 400Hz is 24000
    cos: 0,8
    2 pole motor, 3 phase

Downloads
    Uploads

A003 is the base frequency of the spindle, as I'm in the EU we run a 50 cycle electricity grid

Motor specs is as follow

Voltage: 380v
    Amp: 16A
    RPM @ 200Hz is 12000
    Max RPM @ 400Hz is 24000
    cos: 0,8
    2 pole motor, 3 phase
    The base frequency of the spindle is 400Hz look at your spindle spec's you just posted, it has nothing to do with 50Hz electrical grid , unless you are running a 50Hz Ac 3 phase motor and you are not

You need these ( 2 ) set as well

A061=400

A062=200

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Good god man, you are a genious... It never occured to me to run the basefrequency as 400..

But why would I want to set lower to 200Hz??

Not it trips the Over Voltage on Decelleration... So I need to play with things, but now the spindle spins up..

Downloads
    Uploads

Typically you have to decelerate slower unless you have external braking resistors. Some drives have bigger internal resistors than others for a given HP, not sure about yours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

I haven’t mounted a braking resistor yet. I have it on the shelf. Right now it was just a test to get the spindle running. So right now I’m one step closer at getting ATC on my machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Braking resistor mounted. Now it can stop in 2 secs flat.

Downloads
    Uploads

Good god man, you are a genious... It never occured to me to run the basefrequency as 400..

But why would I want to set lower to 200Hz??

Not it trips the Over Voltage on Decelleration... So I need to play with things, but now the spindle spins up..
    Just going off what you posted, you posted 200Hz in the spec's, if it is air cooled then this is normal, you can try lower but watch for over heating, all these Spindles have a minimum speed they can safely run at

Trips on Deceleration because you have not set the deceleration time correct

Large spindles you need a Braking Resistor if you want to stop fast, if not you would have to adjust the Deceleration Time

F003=10 By default you would have to make this number larger, without a Braking resistor

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Just going off what you posted, you posted 200Hz in the spec's, if it is air cooled then this is normal, you can try lower but watch for over heating, all these Spindles have a minimum speed they can safely run at

Trips on Deceleration because you have not set the deceleration time correct

Large spindles you need a Braking Resistor if you want to stop fast, if not you would have to adjust the Deceleration Time

F003=10 By default you would have to make this number larger, without a Braking resistor
    Even without the braking resistor I could stop it with F003 set at 10.

And yes the spindle is aircooled, but it's an electric fan, so it will not be dependant on the rotation of the spindle.

Downloads
    Uploads

Even without the braking resistor I could stop it with F003 set at 10. And yes the spindle is air cooled, but it's an electric fan, so it will not be dependent on the rotation of the spindle.
    So what was your problem then on Deceleration, you posted this, Not it trips the Over Voltage on Deceleration... So I need to play with things, but now the spindle spins up..

6000 RPM is most likely your limit, use what the manufacture recommends for the minimum speed, you have the spindle motor spec's

If you post the model number I will give you what the minimum speed is, it has nothing to do with the fan unless you know better than the manufacture of your spindle motor

There spindles have a minimum speed regardless of the fan, some are 12,000 RPM some are 6,000 RPM this depends on what model spindle you have

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

So what was your problem then on Deceleration, you posted this, Not it trips the Over Voltage on Deceleration... So I need to play with things, but now the spindle spins up..

6000 RPM is most likely your limit, use what the manufacture recommends for the minimum speed, you have the spindle motor spec's

If you post the model number I will give you what the minimum speed is, it has nothing to do with the fan unless you know better than the manufacture of your spindle motor

There spindles have a minimum speed regardless of the fan, some are 12,000 RPM some are 6,000 RPM this depends on what model spindle you have
    The problem was that I have decel set at 6 second, that tripped it.

I only have the specs on the motor,. not the exact modelnumber, as it's not imprinted on the spindle itself. They are marked Biesse iso30 but that's a wide variety. So you see it's difficult for me to find a spec sheet with minimum speed since I do not have the full modelnumber.

Downloads
    Uploads

The problem was that I have decel set at 6 second, that tripped it.

I only have the specs on the motor,. not the exact modelnumber, as it's not imprinted on the spindle itself. They are marked Biesse iso30 but that's a wide variety. So you see it's difficult for me to find a spec sheet with minimum speed since I do not have the full modelnumber.
    Post a photo then I may be able to match it up from that, they have many models, 6000 RPM should be safe, just watch for over heating when you are using it that would be

A062=100

Mactec54