Isacon Power Control Tech Co. -HY VFD (HY01D523B)

Thread: Isacon Power Control Tech Co. -HY VFD (HY01D523B)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Isacon Power Control Tech Co. -HY VFD (HY01D523B)

I purchased one of these to use as a controller on a 2"x72" grinder. It has a removable keypad where one could install it remotely, which is what I want to do. My problem is the cable that would connect them. I thought it was a standard RS-485 cable but on the back of the remote is a 14 pin (2x7) connector while on the front of the unit is a 10 pin (2x5) connector. On the remote, the outer 2 pins on each end of the connector are filled in and not in use anyway. I do not have another VFD to compare to see if this is standard. Lapond offers a cable for sale as a separate item but the seller is currently out of stock on them. I'm getting ready to purchase a couple more VFDs (They will, more than likely be the LAPOND SVD-ES Single Phase VFD Drive VFD Inverter Professional Variable Frequency Drive 2.2KW 3HP 220V 10A for Spindle Motor Speed Control (VFD-2.2KW)) for other machines I'm building but, yet again, I want to mount the control pads remotely from the unit. Ability to find a cable to do so may be a factor in which VFD I purchase.

So, if any of you out there know which cable will work (or if it is actually proprietary) on my HY01D523B, and the Lapond VFDs (instead of the one they sell) the information would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
    BW

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Isacon Power Control Tech Co. -HY VFD (HY01D523B)

Quote Originally Posted by BigWilbur View Post
    I purchased one of these to use as a controller on a 2"x72" grinder. It has a removable keypad where one could install it remotely, which is what I want to do. My problem is the cable that would connect them. I thought it was a standard RS-485 cable but on the back of the remote is a 14 pin (2x7) connector while on the front of the unit is a 10 pin (2x5) connector. On the remote, the outer 2 pins on each end of the connector are filled in and not in use anyway. I do not have another VFD to compare to see if this is standard. Lapond offers a cable for sale as a separate item but the seller is currently out of stock on them. I'm getting ready to purchase a couple more VFDs (They will, more than likely be the LAPOND SVD-ES Single Phase VFD Drive VFD Inverter Professional Variable Frequency Drive 2.2KW 3HP 220V 10A for Spindle Motor Speed Control (VFD-2.2KW)) for other machines I'm building but, yet again, I want to mount the control pads remotely from the unit. Ability to find a cable to do so may be a factor in which VFD I purchase.

So, if any of you out there know which cable will work (or if it is actually proprietary) on my HY01D523B, and the Lapond VFDs (instead of the one they sell) the information would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
    BW
    They all seem to have there own cable configuration, and with different plugs types, so for this part there does not seem to be any standard, if it is available then it would be best to get the cable you need from the supplier

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply, mactec65. I was afraid of that. I didn't even know it had the remote keypad option until I received it. For the life of me, I can't find a cable that fits this particular VFD. All the ones I can locate will fit the Lapond. I've used my Google-fu to its full extent. I've been looking at some other ones, as I have more machines to build, and they have standardized cables. Just regular 10-pin ribbon cables that can actually be ganged together for added length. As long as the pin outs are straight through, I may be able to modify one to work on this VFD.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hopefully it doesn’t burn out after 6 weeks. You can buy 10 pin ribbon cable and ends and make it up to 15 feet long and it will function fine. Just make sure you mirror the connector configurations and you will be ok. Cost $15 in parts and a clean pliers will assemble the ends.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWilbur View Post
    Thanks for the reply, mactec65. I was afraid of that. I didn't even know it had the remote keypad option until I received it. For the life of me, I can't find a cable that fits this particular VFD. All the ones I can locate will fit the Lapond. I've used my Google-fu to its full extent. I've been looking at some other ones, as I have more machines to build, and they have standardized cables. Just regular 10-pin ribbon cables that can actually be ganged together for added length. As long as the pin outs are straight through, I may be able to modify one to work on this VFD.