Dynamic brake for HY01D523B (or similar Huanyang)

Thread: Dynamic brake for HY01D523B (or similar Huanyang)

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Dynamic brake for HY01D523B (or similar Huanyang)

Folks, did anybody successfully implemented dynamic brake with Huanyang VFD? I was not able to find any information about braking resistor spec or how to configure VFD to use it. I tried to hook up 150 Ohm resistor (250W) and nothing happened (not that surprised). Should I go lower (let's say 75 Ohm) or I'm missing something more fundamental?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Dynamic brake for HY01D523B (or similar Huanyang)

It is my understanding that many of these inverters do not have the circuitry populated to use this feature. I've just disassembled my 1.5 and it appears to be fully populated but I haven't tried the feature yet. Mind you, my vfd is a2014 model and the quality seems much improved.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm considering a couple of the 5HP versions.

I see all the information to fix the issues of Braking, I just wonder if the New Versions still have missing Parts ?

the folks that sell them don't seem to have a Clue

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf55 View Post
    I'm considering a couple of the 5HP versions.

I see all the information to fix the issues of Braking, I just wonder if the New Versions still have missing Parts ?

the folks that sell them don't seem to have a Clue
    Has anybody made any progress on this? I have the 2.2kw for my lathe and it would be nice to hook up a cheap resistor or heating element to bring it to a halt or reverse in a reasonable amount of time.

This guy seems to have figured it out and provides a link to Mach forum: https://youtu.be/cOMjNhSRAe0

Are there people selling sets with instructions for this or does everybody have to figure it out from scratch?

Thanks for reading

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

could not delete post

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dynamic brake for HY01D523B (or similar Huanyang)-hy_2-2_vfd-jpg  
    Last edited by lonewolf55; 12-30-2017 at 10:12 PM. Reason: remove clicable link

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by user27 View Post
    Has anybody made any progress on this? I have the 2.2kw for my lathe and it would be nice to hook up a cheap resistor or heating element to bring it to a halt or reverse in a reasonable amount of time.

This guy seems to have figured it out and provides a link to Mach forum: hXXps://youtu.be/cOMjNhSRAe0

Are there people selling sets with instructions for this or does everybody have to figure it out from scratch?

Thanks for reading
    Too funny, I haven't posted in a while and was just searching the 4KW HY units HY04D023B and I come across my old post, I just picked up 4 of these dirt cheap off FleaBay and need to convert them, and I guess I can answer my old question, They still do not put the main components in unless the unit is ordered with the Braking option.

I've already added the pot to the keypads and they work pretty slick.

anyhow I think they are pretty much all similar just components in different places... here is a Schematic for the 2.2KW it's enough to get ya going on any of the HY VFD's IMHO

I also suggest that you have access to a Torque Screwdriver for mounting the IGBT's if they are not reinstalled correctly they have a tendency to go BOOM