New Machine Build HY02D223B Spindle acceleration (E.OC.n)

Thread: HY02D223B Spindle acceleration (E.OC.n)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default HY02D223B Spindle acceleration (E.OC.n)

Hi

Over the last few weeks my homemade CNC router have been taking shape and last week I was able to do the first test runs. So far I am very happy with the results, but I do have a problem with my eBay HY02D223B inverter.

When I try to start the spindle with a high RPM setting (close to max 19000-24000) I get the E.OC.n error. My spindle is 6000-24000RPM 2.2kw. It is most likely caused by the high inrush current at startup. I have therefore tried to slow down the acceleration (PD014 Accel. Time 1) Manual says 0.1-6500 seconds. I have tried many settings ranging from 1 to 6500 but there is no change in spindle acceleration on startup. It seems like the acceleration is independent of PD014 setting. (PD015 Decel. Time is affecting the deceleration time as expected).

I am able to run the spindle at max RPM if starting it at a lower frequency and increase the frequency while spindle is turning. I assume the spindle operation is normal in every way except startup at high RPM. I have tested it milling aluminum with a 10mm end mill slotting 2mm deep with no problems Have anyone else had problems setting acceleration time on these VFDs?

Display tells me ASR 1.0 and UR 1.00 when powered is connected.

Any help would be appreciated!

Reidar Kaasa

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HY02D223B Spindle acceleration (E.OC.n)-router-1-jpg   HY02D223B Spindle acceleration (E.OC.n)-router-3-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Try setting PD020. Any difference?

:) Current build: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc-router-table-machines/264838-new-machine-desing-quot-cnm13-quot.html

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The default value for PD020 was “0080.0” I changed the value to “0850.0”. Cannot hear any difference in acceleration and still the E.OC.n error during high RPM start. The default value of 80 should also be a rather slow acceleration? It sounds like the spindle tries to accelerate in less than a second.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, how are you using the VFD? External control of start/stop & speed? Or are you using the VFD panel to start/stop & set RPM manually?
    How do you have it connected?

:) Current build: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc-router-table-machines/264838-new-machine-desing-quot-cnm13-quot.html

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I will eventually connect the VFD to Mach3 via RS485. At this time I am using the VFD onboard control panel. No external connections at this time, except power inn and the four wires for the spindle. That’s why I used PD014 in the first place. I suspect some software issues. I have actually not thought of trying a factory reset. I may try that to see if it helps on this problem.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I did a factory reset PD013 – 08. Changed the required parameters and tested again. Tried to start the spindle and ended up with an E.OC.A error. I changed a few values again and managed to start the spindle. This fixed the problem. I am not sure what was causing the problem in the first place.

I am now able to change the acceleration time via PD014 and the E.OC.n error went away with the longer ramp up time.

Sorry for wasting your time on this problem! Appreciate your help!

Downloads
    Uploads

Glad that you got it fixed

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HY02D223B Spindle acceleration (E.OC.n)

Quote Originally Posted by rkaasa View Post
    I did a factory reset PD013 – 08. Changed the required parameters and tested again. Tried to start the spindle and ended up with an E.OC.A error. I changed a few values again and managed to start the spindle. This fixed the problem. I am not sure what was causing the problem in the first place.

I am now able to change the acceleration time via PD014 and the E.OC.n error went away with the longer ramp up time.

Sorry for wasting your time on this problem! Appreciate your help!

Hello. I get same trouble with you.
    My VFD is HOLIP HLP-A 1.5kw 220v 3 phase.
    can you give me your setting parameter of your VFD, I think it's the same program but different numbering... thank.