Homemade Variable Frequency Drive (works)

Thread: Homemade Variable Frequency Drive (works)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Homemade Variable Frequency Drive (works)

Here is a quick video of a VFD we built and just tested. The video shows a 240 volt 3 phase motor being driven at 360RPM. The VFD itself is two modules, the driver board and the logic board. The logic board is powered by a micro controller. Would be more than happy to answer any questions.

Cheers

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDg_Az-_Qz0"]YouTube - MVI_2797.AVI[/nomedia]

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello my friend, what kind of microcontroller you used? Can you make it for 0 to 400 Hz range?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi i watched the vid and many others but i would like to actually see how the wiring connects,ie from the motorsetc,,

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Quick explanation and pictures

I've provided some pictures of a few different VFD's we developed. Understand all of these circuits are completely designed, etched, soldered, and then programmed by my friend and I.

The type of microprocessor we used was an XMEGA. In some pictures you see a typical mosfet based H-Bridge. The final design we used an off-the-shelf IC for the high voltage side. Not much else to tell really, there are a few 24 volt relays, a bridge rectifier, a capacitor, and some fuses. The final design had two boards - the main high voltage switching board and a low voltage microprocessor based control board.

If anyone has questions I'd be happy to answer, or try my best within reason.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Homemade Variable Frequency Drive (works)-img_2766-jpg   Homemade Variable Frequency Drive (works)-img_2772-jpg   Homemade Variable Frequency Drive (works)-img_2768-jpg   Homemade Variable Frequency Drive (works)-img_2793-jpg  

Homemade Variable Frequency Drive (works)-img_2794-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Quick explanation and pictures

Quote Originally Posted by lukewarm View Post
    I've provided some pictures of a few different VFD's we developed. Understand all of these circuits are completely designed, etched, soldered, and then programmed by my friend and I.

The type of microprocessor we used was an XMEGA. In some pictures you see a typical mosfet based H-Bridge. The final design we used an off-the-shelf IC for the high voltage side. Not much else to tell really, there are a few 24 volt relays, a bridge rectifier, a capacitor, and some fuses. The final design had two boards - the main high voltage switching board and a low voltage microprocessor based control board.

If anyone has questions I'd be happy to answer, or try my best within reason.

Hi there, could please provide me the schematic drawing? thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, can You pleas give me the schematics? I want to build a vfd for a saw

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Homemade Variable Frequency Drive (works)

lukewarm

You would be better off buying this from Dmm, & build your VFD with there intelligent Power Module, there is very little needed once you have this power module

DMM | DIPM Intelligent Power Module | AC SERVO DRIVE | AC SERVO MOTOR | ROTARY ENCODER

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Homemade Variable Frequency Drive (works)-howto_dmmdrv_v01-042-pdf  
    Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

But why?

Downloads
    Uploads

I wonder if your VFD has to support Vector control? Thank you.