Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: PCnC Automation Owners Group

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Pcnc automation machines

Quote Originally Posted by SparksStudios View Post
    dobrientruckers -
    A while back, like before Bill vaporized and it looked like we may be able to get some retribution, I started collecting information as it crossed my path. One of those items was serial numbers. So here's a list I had that is far from complete (according to Bill there were 14 customers who paid and didn't receive machines - according to his sister there were 17) and in many cases may use people's names from other forums:

R1001 Jesse Got May, 2009 Straight Austin Award King (DOA and still is)R1008 ccci1 ordered 6/27/09, got working 11/13/09
    R1003 Eyompdef bought April '09, X axis was misalligned by 1/4", one of the stepper motors did not function, also missing Mach3 license.
    R1010 SparkStudios Oct. '09, table surface wasn't level. ctrl brd. wired wrong, Last one from TX
    R1012 iborkey got machine and then zero support
    R1014 gjp got in Oct 09 was wired wrong resulting in bad controller
    R1016 mmcclung got and returned 11/10/09
    R1016 bdsoric got 11/16/09 and is rebuilding
    R1017 Justin Eckerly got on E-Bay and is happy with machine
    R1019 Protrack Corp bought 8-09 spending $750 to upgrade bearings
    R1020 allmax got 11/17/09 may be last machine Bill delivered
    R1022 Luthier got his machine and is living with it as is
    R10XX dobrientruckers - paid for and never got
    R10XX wildhorse - paid for and never got
    R10XX ashgrimm - paid for and never got
    R10XX jslade - paid for and never got
    R10XX y2khines - paid for and never got
    R10XX Steve Robinson - paid for and never got

I added Eyompdef's machine into the list
    Is there any recourse for all the fraud this guy has done? A class action lawsuit? I would like to sell my machine since it apparently needs more work to get it operational than I am able to put into it, but will hold off if there is any chance of getting some kind of settlement form this guy.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any new news about Bill Johnson? Did he ever sneak back to Vevay?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have no clue. My machine is just sitting here doing nothing. I ended up getting a K22514 and it works great. I bought a z axis system and may try and retrofit it to the pcnc. I hate to see it not get used, especially when some people didn't even get theirs delivered.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

does anyone know how to get this machine to work it always seems to lag behind on the gantry 1 side is ahead or behind the other someone said i need new stepper motors but after reading all this i am leary and ready to give up if someone wanted to trade a machine etc vecause i cant get it to cut straight and i need someone mec hanical as i am not to help or show me or trade w someone with knowlegde that has another router that works that i can pay difference w the trade etc, I have the software mach 3 and cut and v carve etc all i need is a machine that i can learn and use all this time wasted on this machine is frustrating....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cncpaman View Post
    does anyone know how to get this machine to work it always seems to lag behind on the gantry 1 side is ahead or behind the other someone said i need new stepper motors but after reading all this i am leary and ready to give up if someone wanted to trade a machine etc vecause i cant get it to cut straight and i need someone mec hanical as i am not to help or show me or trade w someone with knowlegde that has another router that works that i can pay difference w the trade etc, I have the software mach 3 and cut and v carve etc all i need is a machine that i can learn and use all this time wasted on this machine is frustrating....
    make sure your two home switches for the x are in the same position i had one move a little forward or back and caused the gantry to get out of whack. Also make sure your set screws are tight on the pulley's on both sides so there is no backlash. On thing i did is set my x home switch to us the front limit switch for both motors instead of using the two different ones in mach 3. Just set it to the same pin number on both x limits. Hope that helps.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are you are homing the machine each time you turn it on? That sets everything to zero.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cncpaman View Post
    Good advise by BlueRealm. The cheap pulley set screws that had been supplied with my machine were soft. I replaced mine with high quality dog point set screws (I also drilled and tapped another set screw hole in each pulley). Examine the ends of the shafts for wear marks (chewed up by the cheap cup points supplied) and file down if necessary. I would suggest not running over about 60" per min, because if your machine was anything like mine, the pulley ID was .025" over the shaft dia, and during direction change, the pulley started to slip and rotate. If your pulleys are like mine were, you will notice a "wobble" because the set screw pulls the pulley off center when tightened on to the shaft. If I still had my machine, I would take some measurements and buy new pulleys from McMaster-Carr or Stock Drive Products, etc.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567